• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

So . . . who on this site owns a 218 BEE?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

enotstehw

Banned
So . . . gentlemen . . . lets hear from the 218 BEE owners.
How many do your own?
And are you looking for more BEE's to purchase?

I'm looking for a Bee and a Hornet. I almost had a 7x33 but it was really looking poorly so I passed when the price got unreasonably high. Ditto for the 218 Bee Mashburn that sold a short while back and there was one other that I can't recall. But a really nice Bee would definitely get my attention. Anyone having one to sell can PM me with pics and a price.

rick

We know Rocky has a Bee and so does Kirk. I picked up one a couple of months ago. There has to be more owners out there.

Had mine for quite some time - I remember it from the late 1950's, and claimed it for my own when my grandfather passed away about 45 years ago. Taken a number of coyotes with it plus a couple of bobcats and even a whitetail, not to mention countless jackrabbits. It could be Kirkbridershooters' twin with its left wing safety, walnut stock and close serial number, but has a bit more "character" as might be expected from use by youngsters on a brush country ranch in South Texas. Discovering what a special rifle I had when I found this site several years ago got me started on acquiring Sako's, especially the L46's. I've got two others with left wing safeties - an early 7X33 and a .222, but have just about given up in finding a Hornet of that vintage.

I have three of them but unfortunately none are Sako:

218 Bee Kimber M-82 Custom Classic NIB
218 Bee Winchester M-65 Deluxe Rifle LNIB
218 Bee Ruger No. 1 - S Medium Sporter LNIB

rick

Yep Rick I have a 218 Bee. Actually I'm lucky enough to have two of them.

I haven't shot them though. I haven't shot any of my older Sako's. Only the new models I shoot.

Hi Rocky

You sure are lucky to have two of them. I wish I would have stuck with the bidding on the Mashburn a while back. That rifle was interesting. I quit because I didn't think it was worth paying over $2500. Like you I have not fired any of my 218's. They are worth a lot and so they are safe queens for the time being. No time for shooting now. My latest project a a 14 Walker Hornet. Base rifle is a Ruger 77/22 Hornet SS All Weather. I have a Pac Nor barrel and am currently waiting for Pacific to send up the chambering reamer. When it arrives I'm going to fire up the 13" SBL and thread and chamber the barrel to fit the Ruger receiver. If everything goes as planned I won't have to headspace the rifle. Since it is a 22 Hornet going to 14 Hornet if I machine the new barrel so it threads into the Ruger receiver to the same depth things should be good to go. Right now I'm having problems finding mouse droppings small enough to handload.

rick

Hi Sako Lovers,

I once had a chance to buy a single shot B.S.A. " Hunter " Bolt Action rifle, that was originally a .22 Hornet that had been re - barreled for the .218 Bee. The rifle was in very bad shape, so I passed on It. To find an L46 .218 Bee in the UK would be next to impossible! I'm 67 now and have never seen one!

Blackjack

I have looked for one for many years and been close on a few. I would pay good money if I could find one in good shape. I have a 7x33 and a hornet.

Hello Sako Folk,

Does any one know approx how many L46's were exported to the UK? We hear alot about how many L46's went to Austrailia, New Zealand, Sweden and of coarse the USA, but very little is known about Sako exporting to the UK!

Blackjack

Yeah, I'm missing a Bee as well. Would love to add one to the Sako collection one day. They are scarce !

DeerGoose

You might be inciting larceny by putting a photo of that Bee on the internet. Nefarious Sako addicts can find out where you live, after all.:D

Latest posts

Back