Smog man

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Code3, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Code3

Code3 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Hey everyone
    Ive been left two long actions and barrel's
    Sako l691 action magnums, i put the actions together seem to all be there, and im having a heck of a time finding stocks. Any help?

2. Code3

Code3 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    15957991524395663383353295030337.jpg 15957992254354095162838764500840.jpg

ricksengines likes this.
  3. Code3

Code3 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Is wood better or composite? Theese have been sitting for years and id like to go and test one out.

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I have never seen & am not aware of any aftermarket stocks for the L691 action. This model was only made from 1992 to 1996, so any parts are extremely scarce. You would do better to sell them & put the money toward another rifle. Even if you found a used factory stock the barrel channel won't match your aftermarket barrels. Custom rifles are a money pit in the best of circumstances (I know because I have built several) & to build one on such an obscure action would amplify that expense. A custom stock alone for that action would easily exceed $1000!

5. Code3

Code3 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Thanks for the information ill keep that in mind.
    I did find a composite mfg. That had one for 600. And a few incomplete wood (unfinished) for about the same cost. any idea as to value for the 2 actions? Thanks

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I don't know of any sales of that action to use as a guide for valuation, but I don't think they would fly of the shelves if listed for the reasons I mentioned. Never know about scarce stuff & how the market treats them though. A composite for $600 would allow you to build a decent hunting rifle. Not sure how your barrel will fit the channel. Finishing & checkering a wood stock will easily take it over $1000. Good luck.

7. Code3

Code3 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Thank you so much...