• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Silence is Golden

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

About 20 years ago I had a Ruger 10/22 with an integral suppressor. The jacket ran the full length of the 16" barrel
Sounds like one offered by Jonathan Ceiner (sp?). Don't know if that firm is still in business. A good friend of mine owns such a Ruger 10-22 and the click-clack of the bolt is the loudest thing about it.

Sounds like one offered by Jonathan Ceiner (sp?). Don't know if that firm is still in business. A good friend of mine owns such a Ruger 10-22 and the click-clack of the bolt is the loudest thing about it.
Definitely NOT Jonathan Arthur Ciener. He screwed a dealer friend of mine who had ordered some suppressors from him. Didn't deliver the goods and refused to refund the deposit. I believe he did make such a gun at one time but there is no way I would have done business with him, particularly since the dealer in question was the one who handled the transfer.

He screwed a dealer friend of mine who had ordered some suppressors from him.
Hmmm . . . seems to be endemic in the suppressor business. Several years ago I ordered a suppressor from a small-time local dealer and paid up front. About a week later he declared bankruptcy, so the SOB knew all along that he wasn't going to be able to deliver. I assumed my money was gone, but the bankruptcy court required him to repay creditors who had written documentation, so I got my money back -- twenty bucks a month for lord knows how many years -- but without interest. Of course, I was delighted to get anything back, no matter how slowly.

A couple of years later I tried to order one from another local dealer, and older gentleman who was probably honest. However, he was so incredibly deaf that it was impossible to communicate with him and I finally gave up, smiled, mouthed "Thank You", and retreated from his shop. I guess he should have bought his own suppressor many decades earlier, his having no use whatsoever for one by the time I met him.

I'd love to have a suppressor, especially for prairie dogs. Maybe I'll try again some day.

SSR MK1, thank you for the photos.
I was unaware of Sako making these barrels.
Extremely interesting, good looking & may we assume they are very accurate? barrel lengths?

There is some specs of Sako MK1 version (308 win). Sako MK3 (22 lr) barrel lenght is 377/515 mm. Both rifles are very accurate and quiet. Sako loaded special subsonic rounds for MK1 model, Sako MK1 has also Sako labeled scope with height trajectory turret for those Sako subsonic rounds.

Attachments

• 20191218_183438.jpg
    20191218_183438.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 10
There are several sources for suppressed barrels in both rimfire & centerfire, you just have to file a Form 4 with the BATF & pay the $200 Tax Stamp fee to possess them. Ruger 10/22 (rimfire) & AR (centerfire) barrels are two I have had experience with. Not as cost effective as a suppressor that you can use on multiple firearms, but more streamlined & balanced not to mention the very efficient sound reduction. They are, however, much more troublesome to clean.

Here is a Griffin Armament Paladin 30 HD suppressor. It will handle cartridges up to 300 Win Mag with no barrel length restrictions. Made of 17-4 stainless steel for maximum durability, 7" long, & weighs 14 oz. The rifle in the pic is a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel. The barrel was a fairly slim sporter & even after I cut it to 16.5" I needed to use a thread adapter for enough diameter to use the 5/8" suppressor threads. I really like the medium case sized cartridges as their sound suppression is greater & you don't lose much velocity with the shorter barrel. I lost less than 200 fps from the original 24" barrel as the suppressor does add some velocity to the 16.5" tube. The suppressor actually weighs less than the 7.5" of solid barrel steel I cut off, making the rifle, scope & suppressor come in at an ounce under 8lb with the same OAL. I also use the can for my 300 Blackout, both high velocity & sub-sonic. The sub-sonic rounds are "Hollywood" quiet & the higher velocity rounds very pleasant. I have both the 1/2" & 5/8" direct thread connectors & an extra 22 caliber end cap, so there isn't a centerfire round 30 cal or under I can't use this suppressor on. Hope you get some info out of this post if you intend to go "Ninja".
CZ Grendel sup.jpg Griffin adapter.jpg Griffin 30 sup.jpg

Last edited:
Tho it is rather heartbreaking to see a CZ 527 with 7 1/2 “ of barrel missing, as hard as they are to find, but this I like!
Was there any effect on groups and accuracy?

Little change in group size with or without the suppressor. Some rifles actually grouped a tad better. I think it will vary rifle to rifle. It did group better with the 16.5" barrel than the 24" original barrel. POI changes when you put the suppressor on, so I zero all the rifles I use it on with the suppressor so when I switch the can to a different rifle POI is where I want it. I rarely shoot a rifle that isn't threaded anymore, so it's not an issue for me. That little Grendel has fast become my favorite. Too bad more rifles aren't chambered for it.

One more can to share! It's a 9mm can for fixed barrel pistols or carbines. It can also be use for sub-sonic only 300 Blackout rifle rifles & any rimfire. Weighs only 8 oz. & is entirely aluminum except for the first baffle which is stainless steel. Can't be used on 9mm semi-auto pistols that have the floating barrel that tilts back when the slide goes back unless a spring loaded recoil piston is added. Even though I'm not an AR or semi-auto fan, I got this Ruger PC carbine with a Mag-Pul "Backpacker" stock after I shot a friends. This carbine is a joy to shoot, especially suppressed, & my favorite "plinking" gun. Using 147 grain sub-sonic ammo the bolt slamming shut is the loudest noise it makes & it's a blast knocking over plinking range steel targets & even ringing gongs at, believe it or not, 200 yards! If I take my wife along to shoot I never get to fire it. She is not an avid shooter at all, but this little carbine puts a smile on her face. It's very unintimidating for beginners & the suppressed fire makes for an enjoyable time. Scope is a 3x Prism scope with etched glass black reticle that can be illuminated to red or green. If you are curious about the case, send me a PM.

Attachments

• Ruger PC case.jpg
    Ruger PC case.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Ruger PC take down.jpg
    Ruger PC take down.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Ruger PC ready.jpg
    Ruger PC ready.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Ruger 9mm can.jpg
    Ruger 9mm can.jpg