• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Shot Show $48000.00 Sako

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rocky

I got to attend the Shot Show in Vegas last week so of course I had to visit the Sako booth. They had a very nice display of their rifles plus a couple of new models coming out later in February. These two new models were behind a very darkened glass so you could just barely see them. Not sure why they didn't want to reveal them at this show. They also displayed some high end custom rifles which were very nice but spendy. Here's a few photo's.

IMG_2063.jpg IMG_2058.jpg IMG_2065.jpg IMG_2066.JPG IMG_2068.jpg IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2053.jpg

Well, beautiful rifles to be sure. However, in my view, the stock lines on both look a little off. The pistol grip is too sharply curved and extends a little too far below the toe-line of the stock, with a too-rakish forward-pointing cap.

I guess the two new ones behind the darkened glass are the new S20.

If I was a Cartel CEO, I might go for both of them and still take the old .308 Deluxe out to hunt with. I mean, I wouldn't take a Ferrari to the grocery store, but I would take an XKE.

I mean, I wouldn't take a Ferrari to the grocery store, but I would take an XKE.
I don't have a Ferrari, but I took the Porsche grocery shopping yesterday. It''s easier to park than the pickup. I don't know about an XKE; the only time I ever drove one it required gymnastic talent to get in and out of, and I was a lot younger then.

Engraved barrels & actions add nothing to precision in handling or taking a perfect shot, but akin to art,tattoos or bumper stickers to few. However, on coupes/sport cars they can be purposed depending on the quarry one seeks or may unexpectedly run into. It is said the younger seek svelte and with age it shifts to security so these coupes built with precision in mind serve dual purposes. Not trying to be a cynic, but too often the mature hunter becomes the quarry and these bespoke Sako’s add nothing.
As humor becomes irony, when you run with the bulls you may get gored…

Did anyone notice the interesting swinging front site blades? White beads (maybe pearls)
Pablo Escobar Commemorative models!

bloo

Ferrari....reminds me of a life experience. When I was just 16 my grandmother wanted to go see her sister in Bakersfield, California. So my mom made me go with them to help drive. I didn't want to go, but that was when parents were boss and I went. When we got there, my grandmother was embarrassing me by bragging on how sweet I was to help drive her there. After a few minutes my grandmother's son in law said to me, lets take a spin in my car and I'll let you drive. I jumped on it, anything to get away from those old women. So I followed him to his garage and WOW, there was some sort of sport car. He said get in the drivers seat and I'll let you drive my Ferrari. Man did that excite me! So we pulled out of the garage and headed south on 99, and he said to me..... get on it right now. So I gently ran through 1st, and into 2nd and hit 3rd at about 90 mph, and slowly got it up to about 115 mph or so and man was it roaring. I was having fun, and after a minute or so he said to me, go ahead and get 4th, and I said What, you mean it has another gear? Gosh I had fun that day! I was glad I went!

Good catch Old Hippie, it has a pivot point & falls over to same level as original sight but wider base. I’d guess the ivory tipped for use in low light conditions & the darker fixed one for all other conditions.
Something else to go wrong when start adding options to field use. My 2 cents.

Good catch Old Hippie, it has a pivot point & falls over to same level as original sight but wider base. I’d guess the ivory tipped for use in low light conditions & the darker fixed one for all other conditions.
Something else to go wrong when start adding options to field use. My 2 cents.
Or does it pivot over to sit higher than the fixed front sight in order to make a larger bead with a lower zero for close shooting? Just a theory.

Regardless, it is like a variable magnification scope with adjustable parallax, adjustable target knobs, illuminated reticle, a pop up post, and a through-the-lens camera mounted on it, all mounted on swing-over rings -- too many moving parts to be dependable under field conditions.

Or does it pivot over to sit higher than the fixed front sight in order to make a larger bead with a lower zero for close shooting? Just a theory.

Regardless, it is like a variable magnification scope with adjustable parallax, adjustable target knobs, illuminated reticle, a pop up post, and a through-the-lens camera mounted on it, all mounted on swing-over rings -- too many moving parts to be dependable under field conditions.
Maybe the in the situation of a charging Blackmaned Lion, one could flip the Ivory bead up just in time! The engraving work and adornments would then provide distractions, providing the hunter a little privacy to get cleaned up and change his underwear…bloo

Many years ago (before Youtube) I watched a video of a lion hunt that convinced me not to go lion hunting. Fading memory recalls it went like this. A guy, his girl friend, a couple of PH's, and of course the camera man were hunting this lion and got what appeared to be about 75 yards of the big manned cat. Seems like the hunter shot at the cat, not sure if we wounded it or not, but this is where the terrifying part starts. The lion charged and the hunter and both PH's started shooting and were wounding the lion enough that he slowed down a little (but not much). Now mind you, they're bolting and shooting as fast as possible even as the lion charges through the middle of them, which means the guys on the outside of this small circle of hunters appear to be aiming at each other and shooting as the lion runs through the group. The lion struggles to stop, and turns around and he made one last leap to get the hunter, but he finally ran out of gas and fell dead in the group. I watched the video 4-5 times and it looked to me that the lion not even once took his eyes off the hunter that first shot at him. I may not have this story 100% correct, but it's very close. I often wondered if it was a canned hunt and whether they doctored the video to make it look more scary than it was.

D2, maybe this one? This one is worth a watch. What could go wrong? Pretty sure they were all looking for the clean underwear machine….

Last edited:
Exactly!
After the first shot..when that cat stands back up and looks back at the hunters..Zip-dang! I’d be Beatin’ Feet back to the Landrover!
Bring back toilet paper for the rest of them!
Bloo

Back