• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

"Short barrel" topic?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hey Jim,
Thanks much for the new discussion forum, yet I think "topic about short barrels" may not be the best title. Some new members or non-collectors may not understand that "short barrels" means the Carbine/Mannlicher. How about "Topic about Sako's with Carbine/Mannlicher/Full- length stocks? Just a suggestion
"Short barrel" topic?

Regards, Will

Jim,

Just a thanks for creating a spot for us "short barreled" guys to talk about our carbines.

I know the site is new, but it's definitely headed in the right direction, IMHO.

Wes

Thanks Guys! This forum is for all of you! I just happened to found it when MSN closed down.
So I appreciate all your thoughts about the forum and I welcome your ideas very much.
This is how it looks today:
Sakos Mannlichers and Carbines

CategoryTopicsPostsLast PostnewDiscussions about Sakos with short barrels
5168 hours ago by
"Short barrel" topic?
weshowe - Sako Mannlicher Carbine 375H&H 20' BarrelStart a new topic

ItxB4s cristal clear to me but IxB4m Swedish!
"Short barrel" topic?

Let me know if I should fix it though! I have no agenda so itxB4s fine with me!!
Thanks!!
Jim

Just to inject a contrarian note, many "Mannlicher" or "full-stock" rifles had full-length barrels. I own an L46 Mannlicher with a 23.5" barrel, and have seen many others. So "Mannlicher" and "short barrel" don't always go together.

Sako made a lot of short barreled half-stock rifles during the years they were "wandering in the wilderness" (late 1980's and 1990s) like the Handy Rifle and the Battue. Those are certainly "carbines", but they are not "Mannlichers".

But for what I pay for the privilege of participating here, I'm happy as a bug in a rug with this new heading!
"Short barrel" topic?

Back