• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Several guns in one?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

dustinga

982320995. On GB. Donut crossbolt, low-ish serial number (which I realize means little), then a push button release and round tang. The biggest red flag is 2 different inspectors marks on the action and barrel. Has this rifle been pieced together, or is this mixture of parts possible from the factory?

“NSN”
I didn’t notice the inspector marks…but with the possibility of that receiver being lost in the bottom of an assembly bin for years, it is quite possible that two inspectors were involved.

Sako and Limbsaver should never be allowed in the same room…bloo

If that rifle was inspected and shipped in 1967 or 68, I too believe it could be original. But if it was inspected and shipped much earlier , say 1964 to 66, it seems very unlikely that the push button round tang bottom metal is original to that rifle.

Whenever I see the earlier open cross bolt (Shiny Donut) I then expect to find a Bofors stamp on L series guns. With L61’s I have seen the round tang , push button along with the early open cross bolt on rifles with Bofors stamped barrels.

Whenever I see the earlier open cross bolt (Shiny Donut) I then expect to find a Bofors stamp on L series guns. With L61’s I have seen the round tang , push button along with the early open cross bolt on rifles with Bofors stamped barrels.
+1

"Mix and Match" from the factory happens, particularly when a rifle is built close to the time of the introduction of a new feature.

Back