• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Seven by Three Three on Gee Bee!! Hee Hee

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

For me, I don't care how rare the 7x33 is I couldn't own a rifle in that condition, Its also is import stamped.

$975 or better
It is beat up pretty bad, but if I had a couple hundred rounds of ammunition for it , it would make an excellent jeep gun or truck gun!

it would make an excellent jeep gun or truck gun!
Nah, I only use my 7x33 for game the size of turkeys or raccoons. For a truck or a jeep you need something much heavier like a .50 caliber.

I once had a guy ask me if a .410 was good for cowboy shooting. I told him that, when shot with just a .410, cowboys tend to get back up and have to be shot again a couple of times.

Nah, I only use my 7x33 for game the size of turkeys or raccoons. For a truck or a jeep you need something much heavier like a .50 caliber.

I once had a guy ask me if a .410 was good for cowboy shooting. I told him that, when shot with just a .410, cowboys tend to get back up and have to be shot again a couple of times.
Once again, it’s all about shot placement! 🥸

I’ve seen the boyz from Oz use the 7x33 for everything from bunnies to roo’s , in Europe they take roe deer.
Stone , do you think the 7x33 would be an effective whitetail round?

Looks like the 7x33 carries about 100 more ft/lbs at 200yrds than the Hornets and Bees.

It almost seems that the 7x33 Sako reigned supreme in Finland as a useful bird hunting round until the .222 rem came along in 1950. Many found the speed and accuracy of the triple-deuce more preferable for capercaillies and such.
Today the 7x33 Sako in Finland suffers much like our 30/30 win does here in the states. Not many fans as the round is simply so out matched. The Bee and Hornet are reaching that place here too, destined to become obsolete.

Looks like the 7x33 carries about 100 more ft/lbs at 200yrds than the Hornets and Bees.

It almost seems that the 7x33 Sako reigned supreme in Finland as a useful bird hunting round until the .222 rem came along in 1950. Many found the speed and accuracy of the triple-deuce more preferable for capercaillies and such.
Today the 7x33 Sako in Finland suffers much like our 30/30 win does here in the states. Not many fans as the round is simply so out matched. The Bee and Hornet are reaching that place here too, destined to become obsolete.
Funny how things evolve. The Bee & the Hornet have been "obsolete" for a long time. When the 222 Rem came out it dominated the 22 centerfire market & relegated the Bee & Hornet to the dust bin. Sako didn't chamber nearly as many Bees & Hornets because the market just wasn't there. Now the Bees & Hornets bring a ridiculous premium & nobody wants the 222 Rem, which is probably the best little varmint/target round ever designed. Who woulda thought!

The gun being auctioned has a hole drilled in the front bridge ahead of the recessed Sako logo. Does anyone know if this hole is original to the very early guns (i.e. this one is stamped with a 1946 date) and if so, what it is for? It looks like if the hole isn't original, it's been there for a very long time.

The gun being auctioned has a hole drilled in the front bridge ahead of the recessed Sako logo. Does anyone know if this hole is original to the very early guns (i.e. this one is stamped with a 1946 date) and if so, what it is for? It looks like if the hole isn't original, it's been there for a very long time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 20
Sorry Icebear , first time trying to post photos , a later 7×33 and a second image of the first one I posted . Not sure about the hole .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 14
Sorry Icebear , first time trying to post photos , a later 7×33 and a second image of the first one I posted . Not sure about the hole .
The first photo showed what I needed to know - that the hole on the top of the front bridge, forward of the recessed Sako L46 mark, was on another early gun, suggesting that it was, indeed, done at the factory. Later guns still had the Sako L46 logo but not the hole. And the hole in the side of the receiver is an overpressure vent in case of a blown case.

Thanks again.

I considered bidding but decided I wouldn't have time to make ammo for it.
Yeah, that's a pretty significant barrier. .350 Legend cases can easily be formed into quite proper 7x33 (assuming you've acquired the rather expensive FL and seating dies for the 7x33), and powder and primers are no problem. But finding appropriate bullets is the challenge. The originals were 78 grains and .287" diameter. I have used .284" bullets and they apparently bump up when fired and do okay, however finding anything that light is a problem, and also, the bullet needs to be short. Some 100 grain 7mm bullets are commercially available, but they are mostly hollow points, making them even longer than a 100 grain bullet would otherwise be.

Oh, I forgot! Just use the bullets meant for the 7mm Japanese Nambu pistol. You can find those at nearly any corner convenience store.;)

Sold for $1226. I considered bidding but decided I wouldn't have time to make ammo for it.
I’d say that was a big factor with many.
I bitch enough about obsolete calibers !
I think Sako still produces 7x33 in Finland but who knows?

Latest posts

Back