Seen on GB: Nice custom Sako, very unusual caliber

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by icebear, Nov 27, 2019.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Saw this on Gunbroker. It just got relisted after going through one cycle with no bids. It's a full custom L61R with spectacular feathercrotch wood. I'd have been all over it at the opening bid of 999, except for the caliber, which is .35-.375. Now, I'm sure that's a great performing cartridge, but it's a handload-only proposition, and I've got enough of those already. (6.5mm-06, 8x57R360, you get the picture). I'd barely even heard of the cartridge before seeing this gun. I suppose it would have a minor advantage in trajectory over a regular .375, but it seems like a lot of trouble for a pretty small difference. Sure is pretty, though - if the biggest Arizona gun show of the year wasn't coming up the weekend after next, I'd still be tempted but I'm keeping my powder dry for the 3-day SAR extravaganza in Phoenix.

Here's the GB listing: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844924770

kirkbridgershooters likes this.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Love that high straight comb with cheekpiece. Looks like it would point like a dream. Buy it right then rebarrel it to any of the belted magnums that fit the bolt face. That stock is worth what the opening bid is & there is no reserve. Got my gears turnin' for sure!!!