Scope for Tikka 22-250

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by Guest, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Banned

Purchased a new SAKO Tikka Continental heavy barrel 22-250 today. Now need a scope. Am seriously considering the Weaver V24 Varmint scope-any comments/recommendations?
    Also, I had to call Beretta HQ in Maryland about differences in the 2002 and 2003 Tikka models-their number is: 1-301-283-2191. I'm sure most already know the number, but for the few who might need it, hope it helps. I was very impressed by their technical department-they took the time to fully explain the new magazine system for the T3 as it relates to the Continental. Ended the day by holding a matched pair of SAKO Collector Club lever action beauties-serial numbers 125/175!

Allen J. Light
    Freedom is not free.
    Thank a Veteran today!

2. Guest

Guest Banned

Check out http://www.swfa.com . They have some comparable scopes (including the V-24) listed in the same general price range. They also have a page called the "Sample List" at http://www.samplelist.com . On it, they list closeouts, gun show display models and other new but slightly blemished units. You can get some excellent deals on this page. The Sample List shows a Pentax, Light Seeker II 6-24x44 for $399.00. I don't know if this a trade-in or what but if you give them a call they'll give you the skinny on that unit. If it's got "light scope ring marks" but comes with a new scope warranty then that would be a deal. Pentax makes nice optics. BTW, Weaver (and just about everyone else in the moderate to low-end scope business) has their scopes made in japan.

SWFA is a first rate outfit to do business with.

3. Guest

Guest Banned

Wuzzagrunt:

Thanks muchly for the info!
    I sincerely appreciate your help!

Allen J. Light aka RangerAJ
    Freedom is not free.
    Thank a Veteran today!