• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako TRG 22 6.5 Creedmoor

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Sunil

Wishing ya'll a wonderful 2021 which is full of hope and opportunity!

I just bought a TRG22, and now realized that it is a Y2 stamped. It was not disclosed until I did some research on why an inverted Y stamped after the serial number in the pics. I am concerned whether i should take it when it arrives at local FFL dealer. I called them and asked what specifically has been done to this rifle to be stamped? i was given a very generic answer, that was not helpful.
Has anyone ever bought a Y2 stamped gun? any thing to be worried about? it was marked down to $2650+tax.
This is my second TRG, i have a 42 in .338 Lapua(love it but getting a bit too expensive to shoot though!), thought i get a TRG22 in 6.5CM. It took a while to find one.
Should i buy this Y2 stamped TRG? I thought i turn to the experts on this forum for advise. sako22.JPG Thank you and God bless.
Sunil

Wishing ya'll a wonderful 2021 which is full of hope and opportunity!

I just bought a TRG22, and now realized that it is a Y2 stamped. It was not disclosed until I did some research on why an inverted Y stamped after the serial number in the pics. I am concerned whether i should take it when it arrives at local FFL dealer. I called them and asked what specifically has been done to this rifle to be stamped? i was given a very generic answer, that was not helpful.
Has anyone ever bought a Y2 stamped gun? any thing to be worried about? it was marked down to $2650+tax.
This is my second TRG, i have a 42 in .338 Lapua(love it but getting a bit too expensive to shoot though!), thought i get a TRG22 in 6.5CM. It took a while to find one.
Should i buy this Y2 stamped TRG? I thought i turn to the experts on this forum for advise.View attachment 21279Thank you and God bless.
Sunil

Don't think you'll get anyone other than me replying to this here...

First: What Y2 stamp? Does that have some meaning in the US?

Second: It is a TRG in a caliber you want. Unless someone fiddeled with it. Go for it!

Don't think you'll get anyone other than me replying to this here...

First: What Y2 stamp? Does that have some meaning in the US?

Second: It is a TRG in a caliber you want. Unless someone fiddeled with it. Go for it!
Thanks Johan for your reply. Appreciate it. Y stamping is Beretta's grading. My understanding is that when a gun( usually unfired) used as a demo gun at their gun shows, they need to grade it before selling it. Graded as Y 1, 2 and 3. if its Y1, you can barely tell anything banged up. Y3 is the lowest rating. Grading is mostly consists of visual blemishes, missing original parts and dings. but all are sound functionally. This one was never fired. I was only concerned about being stamped as Y next to the serial number, would hurt resale value?, if i ever try to sell it. Yes. This is the caliber i have been looking for.

Attachments

• ygun_certificate.pdf
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Oh, interesting. Thank you for explaining that to me.

In that case, I could not be bothered. The one thing I would concern myself with is how many bullets that has gone down range. Since, though Sakos have excellent barrel life, that would be the limiting factor.

Stocks get banged up and the TRG's not the most durable there is. Easily fixed with som filler and paint though.

If that is the rifle you want and the price is right (what you consider it is woth to you), buy it!

If the rifle shoots as expected but the ergonomics is wrong, KRG's Whiskey-3 is a great option ( krg-ops.com ).

Take a look over at snipershide.com . In the "bolt action" section, there are a few threads about the TRGs. You will probably get more and faster answers there.

/J

Oh, interesting. Thank you for explaining that to me.

In that case, I could not be bothered. The one thing I would concern myself with is how many bullets that has gone down range. Since, though Sakos have excellent barrel life, that would be the limiting factor.

Stocks get banged up and the TRG's not the most durable there is. Easily fixed with som filler and paint though.

If that is the rifle you want and the price is right (what you consider it is woth to you), buy it!

If the rifle shoots as expected but the ergonomics is wrong, KRG's Whiskey-3 is a great option ( krg-ops.com ).

Take a look over at snipershide.com . In the "bolt action" section, there are a few threads about the TRGs. You will probably get more and faster answers there.

/J
thanks again Johan. i value your opinion. have a good weekend. stay safe!

Latest posts

Back