• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Target Trigger Info

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

topgear

Sako-addicted
Hi

I have just picked up a sako target trigger which is slightly different to all the others I've seen on the net. See the photo below of the actual trigger. The difference is that the 'length of free pull' screw is on the side of the trigger housing rather then at the bottom as shown on all the diagrams I can find of the target triggers. So can anyone shed some light on this. Is this an eariler or later model target trigger?

I haven't played around with these before - anyone on here have any experience what pull weights they will go down too?

Cheers John

Attachments

• Sakotargettrigger.jpg
    Sakotargettrigger.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 250
  • TargetrigInstruct.jpg
    TargetrigInstruct.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
OK looks like I will answer some of my own questions and hopefully it will help others out in future.

I got a chance today to play around with a few triggers. Namely left to right - bofors era standard L461 trigger, A1 trigger, early sako target trigger and a Canjar single set trigger. I mounted all on an early A1 and did some playing around. Second photo just shows the sako target against the canjar.

Sako standard triggers: These two above (+ all the ones I've played around with before) generally can be made go around the 2 pound mark with little effort. I've had a couple that work well around the 1 pound pull weight as well but these are unusual. The problem is that the safety won't engage below about 2 pounds. However, some standard sako triggers work fine in the lower ranges and allow the safety to engage. There seems to be a lot of trigger to trigger variation from my experience.

Sako target trigger: Well this is 1st one I have played with. I could get it down around 6-8 oz with everything working fine.

Canjar single set::guitar: Unset 8 oz! Set -guestimate around 2-3 oz. It was very hard to measure accurately with my little pull scale. Wow pretty amazing. Needless to say its probably way too fine for any hunting rifle application. I plan on putting this an a custom HB on an A1 in .223 in future so it should be just the thing!

Anyway hope this info is of some interest to someone else!

Cheers John

Attachments

• Trigger1.jpg
    Trigger1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Trigger2.jpg
    Trigger2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hello John.
I have a L61R with a std trigger. I've had it given a trigger job after which it worked perfect with a pull around 2 pounds. The problem is that the pull slowly has gotten heavier. Recently I gave it some lubrication and now it works perfectly again. I've never seen this on my other sakos. What could be wrong ?

So, can you use L579 target trigger set on A II?

On Forester manual, you have parts #1, #19 (firing pin assy, trigger assy) which are on contact. There is slanted surface on trigger set (at the picture and on A II), but on L579 target trigger set (at least the unit I am having) it is with block shape.

Or do you need to use L579 target firing pin assy as well?

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/manuals/Forester.pdf

Modern option for L579 trigger can be found at: http://www.vertebrae.no/index.php/c...er-series-detail?Itemid=173&lang=en&showall=1

Last edited:
It depends on what rifles you are talking about. Most of the A and L series triggers were. The L46 triggers where a very different design compared to the ones shown above (more like a early M70 trigger) and I don't think these were stamped Finland, I'd have to check. The L and A series triggers I have all have Finland stamped somewhere on them.

I came across a model 72 that had a trigger I had never seen before. I can't find a stamp on it anywhere. It is all open. It does not have a trigger housing like the other sako triggers I have had and pictured above. It is a fine working trigger. Breaks like ice and is nice n light. Thanks again for the input!

Latest posts

Back