Sako Super Deluxe

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by Ahf, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Ahf

Ahf Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I have an older Sako Super Deluxe in .300 win mag that I am considering selling. It is as new condition. The stocks are oiled and not high gloss. I do not have the box. Can anyone provide anapproximate value range?

2. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Ahf:
    Welcome . . . high gloss Supers are bringing around $2500.00
    I've never seen an oil sold . . . so I'm going to guess at lest $500.00 lower than a high gloss.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The pinnacle of Super Deluxes is the Golden Anniversary model, which was limited to 1,000 produced. These will bring between $2,000 and $3,000 depending on appearance, although they are not fast movers at that price. They can also vary a great deal with condition and whether supplied with box. The upper level of price of most other Super Deluxes can be expected to be capped a little under what the GA models will bring.

The interest in Super Deluxes may also vary with which action they are built on, with earlier actions being a bit more desirable than later actions.

As with any higher-grade, higher-price item, the market is somewhat thin with a limited number of buyers, most of whom are capable of paying much more than they are usually willing to pay. So it depends on whose fancy such an item strikes. Subjective things like the figure of the wood and whether the particular caliber appeals to a particular buyer can make a huge difference in what seemingly similar rifles will bring in seemingly similar circumstances.

4. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I don't think there is many of them around and they don't seem to have created a real "following" yet like some of the other sako rifles. Maybe it will come in future. The long action seems the most common in the super D's.

Over here I've seen them in .375, .308, .243, .22-250 and .222. I've never seen one in .300WM in oz.