Sako Sighting at Local Show

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by icebear, Feb 15, 2020.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Spotted a fairly scarce Sako at a local show today. It was a Mannlicher-stocked L61R in .25-06, priced at a reasonable $950. The gun did have some condition issues. The high-gloss finish had some visible chips and a generally worn look, it had an aftermarket pad, and it was mounted with a throwaway Bushnell scope in Weaver mounts. The Weaver mounts undoubtedly mean that the bridges are scarred from the steel set screws. Wood was plain, but basically in decent shape. It was the early version with a front sight but no rear; the sight hood was missing. I decided to pass; I'd have had to refinish it and probably replace the pad. I didn't bother to check the LOP to see if the stock had been cut, or to check the exact power and model of the scope. It would have made a nice project for somebody, but I've got enough of those already to last me for several years.

The show was otherwise a waste of time. I did pick up a box of Norma 6.5x55 factory ammo for ten bucks, but that was it.

RifleNutPPC likes this.