Sako rings on a Blaser Kipplauf 7.5x55 Swiss

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by robinpeck, Apr 6, 2019.

1. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Blaser K71 Kipplauf single shot rifle in 7.5x55 Swiss
    608 mm (24 inch) barrel with full length rib
    Engraved alloy receiver, Proof date 1973

I have solved a Blaser scope mounting problem for now. I used two original Sako rings, both intended for the rear of the Sako dual dovetails. The rear Sako ring's recoil lug fits into the semi-circular cut in the Blaser dovetail, so there will not be any splippage of the rings in the dovetails. I filed off the recoil lug on the other Sako rear ring in order to use it as the Blaser front ring. As you probably know, they are windage adjustable and semi quick-detachable. I mounted an older 4X Swarovski scope with a duplex reticle for a perfect low fit, nearly but not quite touching the barrel rib at the front (just enough room to freely slide a sheet of paper), and there is still room to reach the lever at the rear. When I bring the rifle up to the shoulder I am instantly aligned to the scope. So until I find something better, this will do very well. I also took a picture of the rifle disassembled so that you can see how the locking system differs from the current Blaser K77 and K95.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019

2. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Nicely done!

3. mercs430

mercs430 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Jersey
    Beautiful rifle/combination! I've been lusting over the Blaser rifles for some time now.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    With the ring's "tit" against the front side of the groove in the rib I would think the rings would stay in place quite well under recoil.

I've also seen Sako rings used on a small Brno action. Can't say how well they might have worked and since I couldn't examine it in person I don't know what kind of modifications might have been done to use them.