• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Quad Synthetic Stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

DRJ52

Hello all,
I have a Sako Quad Synthetic in 17HMR I shoot in 17HMR league. It does have a Lilja barrel, Bix&Andy trigger, Hall front bag rider and a rear bag rider. With a Sightron 10-50x60 scope and balanced it is pushing 13lbs. It does exhibit some forearm flex while slightly twisting from side to side. I took the barrel and action out to look at the forearm to see what options I have to stiffen it. I then noticed it only has one recoil lug/block and that is back near the rear tang. There is a rectangular shaped area right in front of the rear action screw hole that looks like a recoil block should be there. That would be similar to the recoil lugs in my Tikka rimfires. I bought this Quad used so I don't know if a lug should be there or not. If I am reading the Quad owner's manual right it shows only one recoil block. The area I have described sure seems to me would be a good place for one so that is why I am asking if one should be there or not.
I would also like to find a good benchrest stock for my Quad but so far haven't had any luck doing that.
Any advice or help is certainly appreciated.
Danny
Quad synthetic stock inside.jpg

Thank you for your response. Something less for me to worry about now. I was hoping you would chime in. I have been looking for a benchrest stock for quite a while now. For now, I believe I will try epoxy filling the forearm to remove some of the forearm flex. Some of the flex was probably induced by me adding the .900 Lilja barrel then added weight to the rear for balancing.
Appreciate you,
Danny

Back