Sako Quad Range Extracto help needed.

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Anders Blixt, Aug 19, 2020.

?

Extraction

This poll will close on Mar 19, 2021 at 9:11 PM.
  1. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anders Blixt

Anders Blixt Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    other
    Hello, I´m new here. I have a Sako Quad Range ( had it for 5 years ) with a .22lr barrel and a .22WMR barrel. . I have an extraction problem in that my extractor will not extract a fired round, but has no problem extracting unfired rounds. I can extract magasin after magasin all day long with unfired shells, but ! - Just one fired shell and it is stuck pretty hard. I am using CCI Standard velöcity. I have tried to file away a bit from the top of the extractor like many on the gun forums recommended me to do, but I took only a little - Maybe "to little" see photo. Gunsmith - Final.JPG

( I havent tried the WMR barrel yet ).

Thank you for reading this.
    Anders

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Is your chamber clean?

susanna likes this.
  3. Anders Blixt

Anders Blixt Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    other
    Yes, i usualy use a bors snake but i just cleaned it with "Hoppés" cleaning solvent brass brush.

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    I am sorry but that bore snake is the biggest joke put on the gun shooters world that has ever came up.

paulsonconstruction and susanna like this.
  5. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Did it work perfectly before? My guesses would be: First take out the extractor and clean it and the slot in the bolt. Second, try different brand or newer batch of ammunition. Third, buy a new extractor from Sako Sweden.
    Sometimes the extractor groove on the back of the barrel is not cut deep enough, but messing with that should be left to a gunsmith that knows what they are doing. And if this was the problem the extraction issues would have been there from the start.
    Filing the extractor is usually done to aid feeding from the magazine and it only makes extraction worse.

6. Anders Blixt

Anders Blixt Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    other
    - - Thanks bud.

7. Anders Blixt

Anders Blixt Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    other
    What ??? - Everywhere on YouTube they give it prais and tell/show how wonderfull they are. Why/where can i read that they are a joke ?