• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Quad Hunter Pro .22 LR 22

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

iwanna

I just saw an ad for these on GB. The prices isn't too horrible. Anyone know anything? Do they fit Quad barrels?

Ooooh, and I could have bought a NIB walnut Quad with 4 barrels in case for 1399.00 last year... Darn. Well, it would have had the plainest wood of all my rifles practically. I guess that's why I was able to pass. 'Still regret that a bit though.

Good Sako .22's at reasonable prices aren't the easiest thing to find it seems.

Std Quad barrels fit, this is basically your Quad Hunter with open sites. I haven't seen one up close to compare with the Hunter I have and the pic does seem to have a different checkering pattern. They will be importing a Varmint barreled version also, you just can't really know until they get here and you pull it out of the box. When Mace bought up the remaining inventory of Quad sets I picked up 2 sets at 999.00 and stuck them somewhere?? This short term memory loss sucks, I think I know where they are...maybe.

Interesting. I like the open sights, even if I'd never use them. I wouldn't be expecting much in the way of wood grain. I couldn't just 'order' one and see what I get. Oh, well. The search for a nice Sako .22 goes on.

I bid up to 955.00 on a NIB M78 on GB a few weeks ago. I lost. It's hard for me to go over a grand on something like that. It's a barrier. I mentioned in a post awhile back that there's a M78 across town for a grand (used). I've never even gone to look at it. I notice it's been cycling on GB for months. Seems I'm not the only one that has a problem with the price. Wood is fairly plain also.

There have been several nice Finnfire Sporters close at 900.00 on GB in the last couple months, one was NIB. I believe there is one on there now. I know what you mean on the M78 stocks, they look like canoe paddle wood. I have a 22lr and Hornet M78, the 22lr is splotchey, like the stain didn't take in areas, the Hornet just plain straight grain walnut.

Back