• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako model 85 stainless varmint serial number info needed.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Jnslprd

Hello all.
Just picked up model 85 stainless varmint in .223.
I purchased it on Gunbroker from a store in Minnesota. I went to pick it up today at my local gun shop in NY and the employees at the store told me to look at the serial number on the gun. The number is AA0000 and the Barrel is PAA000. The bolt is also 0000. Does anyone know what year this riffle is and why it is not numbered?

Thanks, Joe

The 85 is Sako's current model so a request from Beretta or Sako may give you an answer. The 85 doesn't have any "collector" interest & the members here are more focused on the models made before the Model 75. However, there is a member here, PO4R, from Finland that seems to have a good knowledge base on the newer Sakos that may be able to help you find an answer. If he doesn't respond to this thread you might try sending him a private message. Just click on "inbox" & start a conversation.

The 85 is Sako's current model so a request from Beretta or Sako may give you an answer. The 85 doesn't have any "collector" interest & the members here are more focused on the models made before the Model 75. However, there is a member here, PO4R, from Finland that seems to have a good knowledge base on the newer Sakos that may be able to help you find an answer. If he doesn't respond to this thread you might try sending him a private message. Just click on "inbox" & start a conversation.
Thanks for the reply.
Wasn't sure if this forum was only for older riffles. I tried Beretta yesterday and got no call back, will try again.
Are there any other Sako forums? Googled it and this was the only one that came up.
Thanks again, Joe

Beretta is not probably going to be helpful, at least that has been the general consensus among those that have tried. I don't know of any other forums that are specific to Sako. Sako did some crazy stuff with serial numbers & they don't care much for keeping records on them either. Good Luck!

The serial number format for Sako (and Tikka) has been 6 digits for a long time. They ran out of numbers back around 2005 maybe (just my guess), so the first number was replaced with a letter. Now they are on to second letter. They didn't use the whole alphabet. At least I, O and Q has been left out to avoid confusing them with one and zero. Latest gun legislation has them numbering the barrel and bolt too. For barrel they add extra P to differentiate it to be the barrel (Piippu) and bolt gets an L (Lukko).

Every serial number is unique, but that one is more unique than many others. :rolleyes:

Back