Sako m995

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by bobgunguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. bobgunguy

bobgunguy Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Im not new to guns but have never come across many Sako's in my travels. I'm looking to purchase a m995, described as less than 10 shots, as new with older Bushnell scope (to be replaced). What is a fair price to pay for a model like this?

Thanks

2. bobgunguy

bobgunguy Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Sorry, I just read the post asking not to do what I just did, my apologies.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The problem with asking what a "fair price is" is that prices vary so much from one place to another and from one season to another. A .375 H&H may be a slow mover in Texas, but in high demand in Alaska. It might bring triple the price in some place in Africa, not only because it well-adapted to the game there, but also because rifles tend to be scarce and highly regulated. So, there is no "right" answer for what a fair price is unless a person is familiar with the rifle, the locale, the market, and the circumstances (not to mention the currency conversion rate).

With all of that said, the Sako Model 995 or TRGs is an excellent, no frills rifle. I own and have owned several and all have been accurate. You'll have to decide for yourself what it is worth to you, but I doubt you'll be disappointed with its performance.

4. karm

karm Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    no more than a L61 or AV lots were in the weatherby big ones like 30-378 as a better gun