• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako M85 Bavarian Carbine

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thanks all for the replies...I will be ordering my Barvarian at the end of the month, in 308win.
With the 1:11 twist it will do well with 175gr bullets.

I like the option of using a scope or iron sights with quick detach mounts.
And I'm thinking of using a Leupold VX6 1-6.

So now I wait.

Given another 35 years or so- that rifle will become much sought after for style and for chambering. I don't think you are on the wrong track with bullets. Both should be excellent quality choices.-Misako
That's just great, I'll be a hundred years old! I can hardly wait, I better go buy 2!:hahano:

I just bought a new Sako Bavarian carbine in 6.5 x55 myself. First thing I did was take off the barrel mounted rear sight and install my old Sako peep sight. I also have old style Sako rings for a 4X German-made Zeiss that fits perfectly...very low.

Last edited:
I took it to the range yesterday with a few boxes of discount brand 140 gr. hunting ammo. It was hot and there was no shade so 1.5 inch group of 10 shots @ 100 yards...fired a few minutes apart. Ten shots into 1.5 inches with cheap ammo.

Today I had some shade so barrel was easier to cool down between shots...same discount brand ammo...5 shot groups, all well under 1 inch. Good enough. I'll work up some reloads at a later time.

Last edited:
http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum...llstock-carbine-6-5x55-project-underway.9725/

IMG_00878.JPG

IMG_010711.JPG

Last edited:
Very Nice!
Did you sand down the entire stock, and then did your own checkering?

Back