Sako L61R Super Deluxe on Gunbroker at a Reasonale Price (for now at least!)

Discussion in 'Heads Up!' started by valongbeard, Oct 12, 2013.

1. valongbeard

valongbeard Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US North Carolina
    Thought someone on here maybe interested in the Sako L61R super deluxe 50th golden anniversary 7mm magnum on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370154225

I was bidding on it but I am tapped out at the current price, trying to save for more pre garcias.

The pics in the auction are horrible but the seller responds to questions well and is very nice, he indicated to me the rifle is as new.

It is marked garcia under the barrel and I did not bother to ask if is 2 or 3 lug being one of only 1000 made it is a very rare rifle I thought you guys maybe interested in.

rgparish1 likes this.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Whadayamean you're tapped out at the current price? It's only a little over $1,200 and the least I've ever seen a mint Golden Anniversary model go for in recent years was somewhere north of $2,000. Get back in there and bid! Lacking the box and perhaps having been fired, this one won't top the market, but it should be a long way from done.

rgparish1 likes this.
  3. valongbeard

valongbeard Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US North Carolina
    Your right on target with that assessment and I agree this one is worth close to 2 grand I just don't want to dip that deep in the gun fund kitty at the moment for that particular rifle but thought someone on here would be more interested than me.

4. rgparish1

rgparish1 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hello Gents- I'm searching old posts to try to find out if anyone knows what the Golden Anniversary 7MM's are going for now days, assuming new unfired condition and all that. Anyone know? You don't see many out there on the market...that's for sure! Best- Russ

5. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Prob $2500+, but I really don't know this is just a guess.

DeerGoose

6. cl_leg

cl_leg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    a good friend sold one up here in Canda a few months ago. He got $3500 cdn for it, thats about $2675 US which is pretty close to DeerGoose's guess :)