• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L46 Full Stock Triple Duce

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigcountry4me

Sako-addicted
Cabela’s library has what seems to be a really clean L46 full stock in .222 with a 10x Weaver. Looks to be a sharp little rifle. Just bought a boat or I’d pick it up myself. Hope one of you can grab it.
Sean

I tried my best but I could not copy it to my post. It’s in Cabelas gun library in West Virginia. If you Google- Cabelas Gun Library you can then navigate right to it.

Do you have a link? Thanks!

Here is the link.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/sako-riihimaki-fullstock-222-rem-/3083035.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=/catalog/search_within.cmd?form_state=default_state&searchWithin=true&N=0&Ntk=GunLibrary&Ntt=222&search=222&nttWithin=sako&x=0&y=0&Ntt=222

And here is the rest of the info:

Sako ~ Riihimaki (Fullstock) ~ .222 Rem.
Caliber/Gauge: .22 Rem.
Reference #: 8293229
Price: $2,199.99
Phone (304) 238-0135
Fax:Fax (304) 238-0134
E-mail:[email protected]

Last edited:
Yep, that’s how it was designed.

Might be a little pricey, but Sako Source sold one for $1700.00, and it didn’t appear as good, plus no rings or scope, however, it did have a factory peep.

I’ve seen similar specimens for nearly the same money. It’s just done right in my opinion, and other than some minor stuff it’s crisp and clean, no buggered screws etc. Perfect working rifle IMHO.

Sometimes Cabelas will take reasonable offers.

Sean

Last edited:
Nice rifle and in outstanding condition, but I'd say it's overpriced. The Weaver scope in early rings adds a period look, but not much value. I'd guess they will sit on it for a few weeks or months and then drop the price.

Nice rifle and in outstanding condition, but I'd say it's overpriced. The Weaver scope in early rings adds a period look, but not much value. I'd guess they will sit on it for a few weeks or months and then drop the price.
Agree icebear, a little overpriced today, but a rifle such as this is more and more difficult to find with each passing day.

I feel the value will be get there in due time, but for some folks this could be their holy grail as has been written about in other threads.

Some of these holy grail rifles that others write about are nearly non-existent because of two things, there’s simply zero supply, or the price exceeds one’s ability to pay.

For me personally, I’d overpay a little now for this rifle without a care, even if the value never increased one cent - and I would have already done so without reservation/hesitation, but I just laid out a ton of cash for my other passion.

Last edited:
Cabela's typically "overprices" almost everything in their stores. They've got to pay for all of that "atmosphere" and excess somehow. A serious cash buyer who knows the market can usually haggle them down a bit on used guns which have been in their inventory a while.

Cabela's typically "overprices" almost everything in their stores. They've got to pay for all of that "atmosphere" and excess somehow. A serious cash buyer who knows the market can usually haggle them down a bit on used guns which have been in their inventory a while.
Exactly, and have done so at Cabelas on several occasions. However, I’d bet this one goes away sooner rather than later.

Please, what is your opinion regarding this Sako in general? I realize you’re looking at the same photos as the rest of us, but your vast knowledge carries a high level of gravitas with the greater group.

Thanks very much.

Thats almost $3000. (Canadian), roughly twice what that rifle is worth in Canada.
yKGbaNu.jpg

Last edited:
Thats almost $3000. (Canadian), roughly twice what that rifle is worth in Canada.
yKGbaNu.jpg
Robin,

I value your opinion as well. So if the rifle is worth approximately $1500.00 Canadian, then you factor in the exchange rate US vs. Canada, (.76 to $1.00) that would equate to about $1125.00 US.

Am I this far off? I figured about $1900.00 US, considering overall condition, full stock, rings and scope. If so, I really need to do more homework regarding L46’s and the various configurations.

Here also to learn from the more experienced, and I’ll admit to being less knowledgeable in the older series L46’s and L57’s.

Thanks.

Please, what is your opinion regarding this Sako in general? I realize you’re looking at the same photos as the rest of us
From the photos it appears original and in about as nice a shape as you'll find one in. IF in-the-flesh inspection validates its condition, this would put it near the top of the market. I wouldn't put any significant monetary value on the old Weaver and the non-split Sako rings, but they are contemporaneous with the rifle and if functional an owner might choose to use the rifle that way simply to preserve its era-correct accessories.

How much a rifle is worth in terms of cash varies with the buyer and what he's after. If you have your heart set on this model, caliber, and configuration and value its 98% condition somewhat higher than a similar one in 95% condition, then the asking price is probably worth it to you. If shooting it is more important and you would be about as happy with one with a number of bumps and bruises, then it would be overpriced for you. I think a fair retail appraisal might put this particular rifle a couple of hundred lower than the posted price, but again, if it's my "Holy Grail" and I was afraid it would be a long time or even never before I saw another as good, then I might be happy to pay what is being asked.

There is simply no one "correct" price for any out-of-production used rifle, only a variety of opinions -- and a variety of likes and dislikes.

From the photos it appears original and in about as nice a shape as you'll find one in. IF in-the-flesh inspection validates its condition, this would put it near the top of the market. I wouldn't put any significant monetary value on the old Weaver and the non-split Sako rings, but they are contemporaneous with the rifle and if functional an owner might choose to use the rifle that way simply to preserve its era-correct accessories.

How much a rifle is worth in terms of cash varies with the buyer and what he's after. If you have your heart set on this model, caliber, and configuration and value its 98% condition somewhat higher than a similar one in 95% condition, then the asking price is probably worth it to you. If shooting it is more important and you would be about as happy with one with a number of bumps and bruises, then it would be overpriced for you. I think a fair retail appraisal might put this particular rifle a couple of hundred lower than the posted price, but again, if it's my "Holy Grail" and I was afraid it would be a long time or even never before I saw another as good, then I might be happy to pay what is being asked.

There is simply no one "correct" price for any out-of-production used rifle, only a variety of opinions -- and a variety of likes and dislikes.
Thanks very much.

Your ability to sensibly put this in perspective is more helpful than you know. I can’t buy this one right now and I’m okay with that, unless it’s around in a month or so. I think we generally agree, and your opinion is much appreciated.

HWL: Very nice! My impression is that the small caliber rifles don't sell as high in Europe as the larger caliber hunting rifles. About what would you say would be a fair retail price for your late L46 Mannlicher (without scope)?

HWL: Very nice! My impression is that the small caliber rifles don't sell as high in Europe as the larger caliber hunting rifles. About what would you say would be a fair retail price for your late L46 Mannlicher (without scope)?

I bought this rifle for about 700 €,.... without scope/mount.

I have no idea about Europe, but in Germany, there is no collectors scene, like in North America, may be it is in Scandinavia,..I do not know.

...there is a facebook group of 7x33-lovers..

Nontheless, L46 Sako's are rare in Germany, sometimes you can find an Anschütz-Sako.

I have 2 7x33, 2 .222 Remington and a .22 Hornet,... and I love them all!!!

HWL

The 700 Euros you paid is about $800 USD. Your rifle would easily bring more than twice that much in the U.S.

The Anschutz-Sako is almost unheard of in the U.S. There is one on Gunbroker right now offered at a lofty price which has had no takers, partly because few people know what it is. However, if it were started at a reasonable level I suspect the bids would take it to the $2,000 range.

The 700 Euros you paid is about $800 USD. Your rifle would easily bring more than twice that much in the U.S.

The Anschutz-Sako is almost unheard of in the U.S. There is one on Gunbroker right now offered at a lofty price which has had no takers, partly because few people know what it is. However, if it were started at a reasonable level I suspect the bids would take it to the $2,000 range.

Unbelievable…

These rifles often go for very cheap.

...the next I will take…;)

HWL

Latest posts

Back