• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L-61 Mannlicher

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

16b410

Well, it's great to be back. And better yet to see The Forum as good as it ever was. I recently purchased a rifle I have been wanting since forever. It is in pretty nice condition and is chambered in .300 Mag. I added a Leupold and after a bit of handload development I had 5 inside of 1.5" at 100 yards and stopped there. The serial is 60357 and this beauty was purchased from Roger Bell. Roger was spoken of highly on this site and I would like to say it was great doing business with him. I agreed on the purchase of the rifle without a front sight hood, but when it arrived it had one on. Quite a nice gesture. I did of course thank him.

Sako L-61 Mannlicher.jpg

Nice find. Looks like a fire belching dragon. Did you use the fastest burning powder that would work for the 300? That will keep the flame thrower action down a tad.

Rare rifle. Most certainly a Finnbear Mannlicher from 1971, with third locking lug. It took me forever to find one in .300WM.

congrats and thanks for the pic!
DeerGoose

Nice find. Looks like a fire belching dragon. Did you use the fastest burning powder that would work for the 300? That will keep the flame thrower action down a tad.
True there. Let there be light! I will be circling back to this rifle to see what I can get from this baby with the proper diet. I have an early Ruger 77 in .300 Win Mag that just shoots like it has eyes. Hopefully I can eclipse that performance with this machine.

Back