Sako is coming onboard!

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by L61R, Jan 25, 2019.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hey Guys!

I have some exiting news to share!

As many of you know, we have been in discussions with Sako for quite some time and finally we will start a collaboration with them for a new, fresh and updated website.

The questionnaire we asked you to fill in last year was a big hit with over a 1000 replies! All positive! Thanks!!!

There will be visual changes yes, but the forum will always be free to join and participate in just as we´ve been in the past. And our new joint venture will mean that we are working with Sako on the website and outside, but we, the non-profit organisation Sako Collectors Club, hereafter SCC, will not be affiliated to Sako in any way, nor will the new forum be. We will remain independent just as we have ever been.

This means we can keep ventilating all our aspects and thoughts about Sako just as usual, no changes there. It´s even allowed to post critique if anyone feels the need for it, but with the same good tone and perhaps a bit of humor as we have done in the past.

I mentioned that we will make a few changes to the site and this is some of the things we have in mind:

- A new, modern and fresh design. This means we will merge a few sub-forums to achieve this. Perhaps add a few new ones too but all the old content will still be on the site.

- A name change for the forum only, the new name will be www.sakoowners.com or Sako Owners Club on the forum pages.

Why this you ask?

When I took over SCC back when the old MSN bulletin board closed down, I didn´t care much for the old name as I thought it to be somewhat excluding to those who doesn´t collect Sakos.
    But I ended up keeping it since I was a real newbie when it came to running a forum and there were so many other things to decide upon.
    So both Sako and SCC felt that now was a good time to update the name to include every person with an interest in Sako. Hunters, collectors, shooters or just plain interested people.

The new forum will be launched in a while and I will send out an email to all registered member when I know the date. This means we will lock the old forum and set up an automated re-route to the new site, to make us easy to find. We will also post frequently about the new changes here on the forum before we do the actual switch. Please help us out by mentioning this to your friends and acquaintances on the forum.

All your data, posts and threads, pics, conversations or PM´s will be there as it was before. When finalized, you will just log in as usual and keep up the good work.

So what about Sako´s appearance here?

We will designate a whole new section for them, with a couple of subforums. Exactly how this will look and what it will contain is yet to be decided so more news will come.

But the really important news is that we will set up two designated subforums, one for the current production line and one for the past production and history. You´ll be able to communicate directly with Sako representatives there and they will also be able to join discussions in all of the other subforums.

Again, exactly how this will look is something we are trying to find out about.

So, finally, you will all get the opportunity to get in touch with Sako representatives here on our fantastic new site! Now that´s some good news, isn´t it?:)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Detailed questions about the new design and such will have to wait a while though. We need some time to set it all up and we will be here for you when we do launch the new and better site.

I wish you all a Great Weekend and Stay Tuned!

Jim D Staf
    President
    Sako Collectors Club

2. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I see exciting times ahead! Thanks in advance Jim for all your hard work and effort. You are the right person to run this and we are lucky to have you at the helm.

L61R likes this.
  3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Great news, Jim!

It will be good to have Sako representatives who can help people with their questions or issues regarding current production. Many of us are like me and don't know beans about Sako's current line of products and can't help people with their questions about them.

Also, having a "direct line" to Sako will allow us to provide them input on what products and offerings we'd like to see (how about a re-introduced L46 carbine in .218 Bee, hint, hint:). And while we're at it, could Beretta USA please import some 7x33 ammo or components?)

deergoose and L61R like this.
  4. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Thanks Guys!

I feel honoured to run this site with stone, manager131 and all the rest of you, the fabulous members!

And it will be even better now that Sako enters the scene.

About the 7x33 ammo and brass/bullets. I mentioned this when I visited Finland last year and it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle I suspect.

Sako is positive but it will mean that enough members put their money where their mouth is, to be blunt.

In a day or so, I will post a thread where you all can post the amount of each you want to purchase given that the price is decent of course, I understand.

I will ask Sako about prices and such before I start the new thread.

Cheers!

Jim

5. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    jim, well done. thanks !
    susanna.

L61R likes this.
  6. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Wow, Jim! Great job.

rick

L61R likes this.
  7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Sounds Fantastic! Welcome aboard SAKO!!!

L61R likes this.
  8. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Very excited to read this thread Jim. Fortunate to have found this site at such an opportune time. Thanks for all you do.

Sean

9. Sidelock

Sidelock Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    This is great news. I just came back from SHOT show and saw some really cool SAKO rifles.

10. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I hope you stayed an extra day and went to the Vegas gun show. You don't see many Sakos at the Vegas show, but the Antique arms show and the Sporting arms show (usually held in separate rooms) are something to see.

Sidelock likes this.
  11. Sidelock

Sidelock Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I did go to the Antique and International Sporting Arms show after the SHOT show.

If this site permits, I'll post a link to my 200 SHOT show 2019 pictures

12. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Sidelock, are you a FFL Dealer.

I tried getting in the show and got declined. I had been going under my FFL guy, been there three times before.

Sidelock likes this.
  13. Sidelock

Sidelock Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
  14. Sidelock

Sidelock Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I'd take more SAKO pictures next year.

15. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    See if you can find me a Ruger No. 1 in 38-55.

rick

16. Unclekax

Unclekax Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Thank you for the link Sidelock!

Sidelock likes this.
  17. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Whew...that was a lot of shotguns (I don't own even one scattergun.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 3:24 PM