• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Sako Finnwolf in 308

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

joecap1

Just received a sako finnwolf in 308 - just came back from the range - this rifle is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot - I did have trouble with loading the first and third round from the 3 round staggered mag - seems that if I apply pressure on the mag the first round will chamber (it is a flush mount mag), the second round chambers consistently but the third round will not chamber. The round is jammed in the mag, the lever is not able to chamber the round. My question is could this be the mag or the ammo - i did use surplus military ammo purchased from my local dealer - My next range session will include a new manufactured ammo.
Any help wold be appreciated -

Joe- Finnwolfs were not meant to be fired with military ammo. The magazine boxes aren't quite long enough to make loading smooth. May as well try some factory ammo and then if there is a problem , we can try to put our heads together on that. You may have a compressed spring in the mag box.- Misako

Thank you - I had a feeling that was the issue but this is my first - just cleaned the mag and it seems to have a strong spring -

Joe- If it is that easy I think that's great. I don't know all there is to know about the functioning of my Finnwolves. Just know that I can beat the mechanics by trying to operate them too fast. When you get a chance to post some pictures, please do. I would also like to have you post a picture of your 3 shot mag. I have never had a 3 shot to compare to a 4 shot.- Misako

Misako
Just returned from the range and the factory ammo worked well - What a pleasure to shoot this rifle - I will post a picture of the rifle with the 3 shoot mag soon -
Joe

Just drove by the range here, Joe. Still has three to four foot drifts on it . Guess it may be a few months before I get a chance to shoot some.-Misako

I had a similar problem with a new spare four shot magazine I picked up new here in NZ.

An incredible find, however when running some ammo thru it , it would not feed the second round into the barrel.

A comparison with the original magazine that came with the rifle showed that the gap between the folded over sides that keep the rounds in place at the front of the mag. to be a couple of mm. narrower. By carefully bending the right side out at the front to match the original magazine remedied the fault and it now feeds ok.

Latest posts

Back