Sako Finnbear 264 scope mounts?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Nikki, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Louisiana
    Hi everyone I’m new to this page hoping to get some help. I’m trying to find scope mounts for a Sako Finnbear 264 Winchester magnum. I’ve looked and looked can’t find them any where any suggestions ?

2. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Not sure what diameter the tube is on your scope is but there is a pair of Sako "Made in Spain" rings on eBay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Sako-...1?pageci=64e815b3-b8c5-478b-a2da-9d9edbe76303

I've got a pair of these and buiIMO theld quality is as good as the Finland built rings.

Thanks
    Chris

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    There are probably over a dozen brands/types of scope mounts which fit the Sako Tapered Dovetails. Most of them are excellent. Some are no longer made but can be found on ebay or Gunbroker.

The simplest and most readily available is probably the Leupold ringmount, which is carried by nearly every supplier which handles any kind of scope mount. All of the online stores have them, and they are available in four heights and two tube diameters.

There are many others which work as well; personal preferences and aeshetics vary, but with very few exceptions one will do the job as well as another. Just look for any ring/mount which is made for the Sako Tapered Dovetail (its the same mounting system from the original L-46 to the current Model 85, with a couple of oddball exceptions like the M7 and L581).