• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6mmPPC Sako Deluxe Vixen 6PPC

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Sako_1.jpg Sako_2.jpg Sako_10.jpg Sako_13.jpg Just a few pictures of a rifle I've owned since 2008. I have 14 more photos, but am trying to abide by the forum rules of only posting 4 photos. It hasn't seen the light of day in years, spending most of its life as a safe queen in a protective sock.. That said, is there anyone here that owns One of these or anyone that has wanted One for years like I did? By the way, the butterfly in Picture #2 was not originally included with the rifle. Not too many Sako's come with a real Butterfly, LOL!

Beautiful! I recently bought an AII deluxe in .308 off the board. A year or two before I bought a sporter 6ppc here as well. I've looked high and low for a sporter 6PPC with factory iron sights. I've decided such a beast doesn't exist.

Super nice, Kirk!

Rodger at SakoSource had one about four or five years ago which sold to a guy in Oklahoma, I think. I can't remember what it brought, but it was somewhere above $2K. There is one currently on Gunbroker for an opening bid of $3,000, but it has been there several weeks and hasn't attracted a bid, so I've got to believe that the current market is somewhere between $2K and $3K.

I looked at one last week locally which was for sale, but the guy thought it was worth $3,500. He couldn't seem to understand that if no one among thousands of potential buyers bid on an identical one at $3,000 that he wasn't likely to find a bidder through the local classifieds for $3,500.

I own one of the standard sporter version. With 55 grain Ballistic Tips it will shoot some very gratifying groups. It has also been used to divide some prairie dogs into multiple components.

I have 14 more photos, but am trying to abide by the forum rules of only posting 4 photos.
If you'll use your computer's photo program to first resize the photos to a maximum of about 1080 pixel width they will upload much faster and still show up with the same detail. This saves a lot of space on the forum's server.

I am looking for one like this for sometime now!
I looked at the one at gun broker also and made an offer but the seller things it ought to bring more than market to a collector....and it has no box
That one was said to have a 14 twist
Are there any with 12 twist?
Is it true there is two different barrel sizes in width early versus later in one of the 66 mm sporters?
I want one and plan to use it also as I do my single shot 6ppcs I have

WOW what a collection of 6ppc and such nice guns!
I also love the look of the stock of anschuter 2013 6ppc
My 6ppc Sakos are all all identical,two A 6 ppc single shots and a B ppc single shot I use for varmints

I have one in 6mm PPC and 22 PPC as well. They are not common and I use them as varmint rifles. I also have both the 6 and 22 PPC in single shot rifles. It wasn't easy but I got consecutive serial numbers 20 and 21...

If you wanted to make that a hat trick, a mate has 22PPC A 022 sitting in his safe as a pristine safe queen; would not be cheap though.

Cheers
Piper

Latest posts

Back