• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako/Colt 300 H&H

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

All I can say is WOW! Not only a Coltsman/L61R but, a Deluxe....and in 300H&H! Phenomenal find! I think this is truly a rare piece, congrats!

Outstanding!

Some of the Colt-Sakos were barreled and stocked in the U.S. by a contractor (either High Standard or a company named Jefferson Rifle Company operating out of the High Standard facility across the street from Colt in Hartford, Ct.)

However, the Deluxe Colt-Sakos were built completely (action, barrel, and stock) by Sako in Riihimaki. Sako had a very small quantity of these in its inventory when Colt stopped marketing them and eventually shipped them to outlets in Europe. Sako also slightly modified some of these which were originally intended to be Colts and marketed them as Sako "Special Deluxe", of which we've seen just a very few examples.

I just stumbled across this discussion. I collect coltsmans. If you ever decide to let this one go, please contact me 406 360 6496.

I really don't collect the Colt/Sako rifles. I just grabbed this one because not many were made in this caliber.

I'll ponder the thought about letting it go.

@Rocky did you walk out the door with it? That's a similar price to an early L579 Deluxe in .308 Win with the "single deer" floorplate that recently sold on GB.

Beautiful rifle for sure. I'd be curious how many were made in that model and caliber. Can't have been many. Unlike the others I don't wish to know how much $ would part you from it. In the real fear that I might gather the funds and buy it.

That gun, like the AV I own is really too nice for me to own. They both remind me of a quote from Groucho Marx.

"I would never belong to a club that would have ME for a member"

And I thought I was nearly alone in admiring many of the "proprietary" Sakos! You should look at some that our friend Rodger at SakoSource.com has in stock:

https://www.sakosource.com/-1529rs-colt264.html
https://www.sakosource.com/-1243rs-colt223.html
https://www.sakosource.com/1007s-colt-06.html

I had already purchased this L461 coltsman .223 when this post went up back in March.
Finally had a chance to fire it up this week with a dinged up Weaver 4x.
Fired 3 shots of random handloads at 100 yards after bore sighting.
First 2 were touching and the third is still less than 3/4" out.
Now I have to find a better optic.
Needless to say I am very pleased with my purchase and the integrity of Rodger Bell!

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 12.57.23 PM.png

You're a lucky guy to have snagged that Coltsman .223, Unclekax. I would have been surprised if it hadn't been a real shooter. I can't believe that someone hasn't already grabbed that Coltsman .264 -- I would if I didn't already have three Sako .264's:rolleyes:

I have a .223 just like yours, and one in a deluxe version that is a Sako barreled action with proof marks. Both are tack drivers. I also have a few other proprietary Sakos, one which is a Browning .222 that is one of the last two 461 Safaries to leave the factory in '75 according to records.

Back