Sako-Anschutz

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by topgear, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Oliver13

Oliver13 Member

Country Flag:
    South Africa
    State/Region:
    other
    Thanks Stonecreek and Topgear.

It's very interesting reading up on these guns. Out of interest, is there any way too determine the value of these firearms?

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Not to hijack the thread, but a comment on the Savage-Anschutz relationship: Savage and Anschutz entered into a marketing agreement in which Savage distributed the Anschutz rimfires in the U.S. branded "Savage-Anschutz". These rifles were made by Anschutz. At the same time, Savage made its centerfire Model 110 with an upgraded Anschutz-styled stock and also marketed it as "Savage-Anschutz". I think that Anschutz marketed this centerfire 110 in Europe, also, but it was purely a Savage product, just as the rimfires were purely Anschutz products.

But not being a regular student of either Savage or Anschutz I may have these details wrong, so if someone should chime in with better information I certainly won't be offended.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The value (market price) of a given gun will vary hugely with where it is located, as well as with its condition, the appeal of its wood, its chambering, the time of the year, and about a hundred other variables. Example: I recently bought a rifle for $750 that a Danish friend of mine told me would be worth $3,000 in Denmark. And in another recent example, another Scandinavian friend bought a rifle for about $400 that would probably be worth $4,000 here in the U.S. At the same time, Australians frequently buy Sakos in the U.S. and consider them a good buy even after the cost of shipping and importing is taken into account.

It is even much harder to put a value on a rifle which is somewhat scarce and little known in the market like the Mayer rifle because the market has little or no experience in trading such an item. Simply because it is rare doesn't necessarily boost its market value.

Maybe some of our Australian members can hazard a guess on the value, which would certainly be a better guess than one of us from Canada or Sweden or the U.S. could make. But it will still just be a guess and will undoubtedly vary with the opinion of the individual making it and may miss the mark -- one way or the other -- by a significant amount.

4. hohlweglauerer

hohlweglauerer Active Member

Country Flag:
    Austria
    State/Region:
    DE Bavaria