Sako ai 6ppc Deluxe

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by NPhillips, May 16, 2017.

1. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    How's the new knee Rick?

2. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Thanks for asking. This one is the left now both are done. Although mobility is coming along, recovery has been complicated, slow and very painful. I still have a Ruger No. 1 in Krag waiting for attention in a box. Haven't been to the range in over a year and my new Grizzly mill is sitting in the shop waiting for uncrating and setup.

Old age sucks.

I still have PPC pics and other grail rifles to photograph and put on the site. Its pretty hard to get to the shop and into safes to pull rifles for pics when I'm gimping around on one good leg. Hopefully after the first of the year things will be better and I can get about the business of getting my act together.

Many thanks for asking

rick

gowyo, L61R and Sean Hodges like this.
  3. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I feel for you, and I’m right there with you. Five weeks in, progress is very slow, but there is progress. Swelling, sleep and soreness are my nemesis. Hope you keep getting better.

4. ricksengines

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I know what you mean. I'm getting about 11 hours between pain pills but the low level droning pain really sucks.

We will be better eventually but its darn inconvenient.

rick

5. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    The far left rifle is a deluxe 22 PPC, then a 75 in 17 Remington and a 6 PPC deluxe...

6DBCFCA2-F37C-4B36-ADEA-837D9C5DA37D.jpeg

NPhillips, Rocky, deergoose and 2 others like this.
  6. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    I feel for you. I've had some osteoarthritis and patellar tendinitis off and on for the past two years. This summer it flared up with the walking I was doing, while trying to toughen up a little before my sheep hunt. (Lost 21#'s) Anyway, the last few days we were really pushing it and I've been gimping since then. However the last three days have been pain free. So, I'm knocking on wood! I hope your pain subsides sooner than later. And also, I hope, if the doctor put you on anticoagulants to prevent clotting, that you stick with that regimen. My cousin's husband died from pulmonary emboli a couple weeks after his bilateral total knee replacements. He had run out of his Coumadin a few days before, he developed some trouble breathing over the preceding weekend, went into pulmonary arrest and died in the ER. He had just retired a year and a half before. Just what you wanted to read I'm sure.

Best,
    Gary

L61R likes this.
  7. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Rick and Sean, I'm feeling your frustration getting through the recovery. My wife is 9 weeks in after bilateral knee replacements and is only now properly getting mobile again, driving and is just back at work (short days for a start). If it wasn't for the ice water packs, I'm not sure she would have made it without getting hooked on pain killers.

8. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Sraaw,

Thanks much, glad your wife is on the mend. Hopefully Rick and I will be fortunate to recover fully so we can get back to the things we enjoy doing. They say it takes time and patience.

sraaw likes this.
  9. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Wow, that’s terrible, my doctor really emphasized staying with the blood thinners until further notice, for that very reason.

L61R likes this.
  10. ricksengines

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I hope that all that have gone through this have a very smooth recovery. Yes the pain really sucks but it eventually goes away as mobility increases. Just gotta hang in there. Also, I keep a log of my meds and monitor the use of the pain killers so I don't take any chances on getting hooked.

Have a great Thanksgiving to all.

rick

NPhillips likes this.
  11. NPhillips

NPhillips Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Ahhh, such nice rifles...How come I'm not surprised you have one Kirk! :)

sraaw likes this.