Sako A11 308 replacement stock

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Pascal, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Pascal

Pascal Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    Good day good people. I have a question regarding my ugly Sako A11 308 with a heavier barrel, not a bull or heavy but seems briefer. The stock is butchered and I was wondering about well price replacement, I will have this bedded and will give to the wife.

When looking at boyds which I'm not a fan but the price is right, i can't see A11's so I'm unsure.

I'm in canada and wondering about possibilities.

thank you,

pak

Attached Files:

2. Tomball

Tomball Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Ignoring the butt, exactly what is wrong with the stock? Is it cracked, broken or broken and repaired? If none of these, I would have this stock LOP made for my wife assuming she may require one in the 12 to 13 inch range. The butt then would be different than original unless you want to buy an “ original” from Montana. You then can have refinished or leave as is. I have some very rough looking stocks due to hunting over the years, but that is not an issue for me. Obviously they are my go to rifles for certain kind of hunts.
    I do have some McMillian stocks for far north wet and snowy hunts.

3. Pascal

Pascal Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    It does need to be re-crown, someone gave it the chopps I think but thats easy done by our friend and local gunsmith, he beds as well, so yes the rifle could be a real shooter...The stock is rather heavy but it's the original so maybe refinishing would be the right thing. thank you.

Pascal