Sako 75 Tier 1 Rings

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by Aiwaz, May 3, 2018.

1. Aiwaz

Aiwaz Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Dublin
    Hi
    I have a Sako 75 6.5x55 heavy barrel and looking to put Tier 1 rings on the rifle. Scope will have a 50mm obj and 30mm tube.
    Does anyone have these on their Sako 75 and did they go with med or high. Thanks
    A

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Tier 1 should be able to give you the height of their rings from top of base to bottom of ring so you can set your scope on some small wood blocks cut to those dimensions & actually measure what height you need to order. I didn't see any ringmounts made by them that clamp directly to the Sako receiver dovetails. How exactly do you intend to attach them?

3. Aiwaz

Aiwaz Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Dublin
    ...thanks for the reply, do their dovetail mounts not fit directly on, they have 11mm and 17mm options, 30mm med and high, I've mailed them for the height of both but was wondering if anyone used them,

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Sako receivers have tapered dovetails & the rear & front also have different widths. You will need scope mounts specifically designed for Sakos. 11mm dovetails are usually on rimfires. I'm not sure what their 17mm ones fit. I would contact Tier 1 & ask if they have Sako compatible ringmounts. From what I could discern from their site, I don't think they make any that clamp directly to a Sako. Check out some of the threads here on the Sako dovetails & scope mounts to get an understanding of how they work. Look at the Original Sako or Leupold onepiece ringmounts, the new Sako onepiece Opti-loks or the Opti-lok base/ring system for Sako compatibility. I don't believe the Original Sako ringmounts came in 30mm.

5. Aiwaz

Aiwaz Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Dublin
    ...thank you for the advice, makes sense now, would a picatanny rail and then rings be a good choice, seems like another popular option

6. Aiwaz

Aiwaz Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Dublin
    ...just to close the thread in the end went for Contessa rail and rings,