sako 6ppc varmint/br trigger adjustment

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by foxhunter, Mar 21, 2014.

1. foxhunter

foxhunter Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    hope someone can tell me if one of the screws is for overtravel
    thx
    bob

2. olympic

olympic Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    My A1 22PPC came with a photocopied instruction sheet, detailing "Adjustment of the target trigger." Unfortunately the instructions are very confusing. Here is pic of the photocopy, this is the type of trigger my rifle has. I would also like to know if the trigger can be adjusted for overtravel. Can anyone help?

Sako A1 Trigger.jpg

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I've never played with this trigger, but based on what I know about trigger mechanics it appears C is weight of pull, A is sear engagement, & B is overtravel. The B screw is slightly forward of the pivot pin so it's adjustment would limit how far the sear block can travel, thus limiting or controlling overtravel. The A screw would push on the back of the sear block, thus pivoting it on it's pin to control sear engagement. C is obvious & changes spring pressure. Looks like when you change A you will need to change B accordingly, as adjusting one will change the other relationship. Someone with this trigger may know more & please correct me if I am mistaken.

4. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It's been a few years since I've adjusted one of mine.......but I was able to adjust it to 4-6 ounces. It did require a lot of "back-and-forth" adjustments, though.

Bottom line.........Hawkeye is correct.

5. olympic

olympic Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

6. Hootsmon

Hootsmon Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    It is a two stage trigger. "B" adjusts the amount of travel for the first stage. It can be adjusted down to zero, making it a single stage trigger. There is no overtravel adjustment.

7. Matt in Virginia

Matt in Virginia Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Respectfully,
    I own and shoot an AI 6PPC, in the Varmint stock with the trigger adjustment holes in the guard, and if that is what you are referring to it is NOT a two stage trigger. I am hardly a Sako expert, however, I am a gunsmith by training(two years Colorado School of Trades). Not saying they did not make one, however, MINE is one of finest single stage triggers to ever break beneath my finger short an Austrian Bix'n Andy...

Regards, Matt.