1. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hi Hippie,
    I knew there was somthing speciial about you! I remember thinking about a cold "Lowenbrau Dark" while welding under #4 paper machine Auguat 1966. Got home showered & shaved, got Wife & kids in Mustang, off to Lum's to get that dark brew! NOT today out of stock!! do you want a root beer?? *&#@* um no, Sam Adams Stout, Honey Porter,, Dirty Bastard (that IS a dark beer guys ) Bock beer all dark & good that's what beer IS to me . Just like Sakos all the best!!! Sorry to go off subject"" It's Hippie's fault!!! B/T

misako50 and Old Hippie like this.

2. Old Hippie

Old Hippie Formerly known as bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    I hear that all the time!
    When I drink beer, I need to taste beer. All my buddies drink light beers and ultras..beer flavored water..ugh!
    The downfall with Darks and Stouts is the richness, but it’s really only a downfall to those who like to slam can after can. I can’t do that very well. Constantly standing to urinate while battling lateral gravitational changes is just too much! Much better to enjoy a couple tall pulls of “Miner Daughter “ or maybe some “Sweet Baby Jesus” when available.

bloo

misako50 likes this.
  3. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I like a beer or Ale that when I finish the last sip or two of it that a strange pall of sadness descends on my mood. Sometimes it can be nothing fancier than a full strength Budweiser.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I think you got that taste description backwards: Those "lights and ultras" are water-flavored beers instead beer-flavored water. I like drinking water, but when I need water I want water, not odd tasting, bubbly liquid the color of weak urine. When I want a beer, I want a beer!

Not sure what this discussion has to do with a .25-06, but then important issues deserve a fair airing.

Old Hippie, sakojim and dustinga like this.