Sako 25-06 Custom

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by Rocky, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I picked up this rifle here on the Forum that was listed for sale a while back. http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/for-sale-sako-custom-25-06.9166/ . I made an offer without the scope and the seller accepted.

The main reason for purchasing the rifle was because the stock was blank, no checkering. Since I know the head lady in the checkering department at Cooper rifles I thought this stock would be a good candidate for her to do her magic on. I also did a bit more by adding engraving on the floor plate with gold foil, and some engraving on the scope rings.

Here is a few completed photo's of it P1012147.jpg P1012163.jpg P1012142.jpg P1012144.jpg P1012150.jpg P1012161.jpg

Branxhunter and enotstehw like this.

2. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Beware wood chucks . . . prairie dogs . . .coyotes . . .

3. Clint

Clint Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    Beautiful, I had a Cooper outstanding rifle, beautiful walnut stock... checking if she is the one who worked on mine was just as good as the one you show pictures of. That is a nice piece of wood on your Sako

4. Jeffrey Harvey

Jeffrey Harvey Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Mexico
    Beautiful upgrade to the rifle. Well done,

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Rocky,

I apparently missed this one when you posted last fall. Fantastic! Have you taken anything with it yet, or is it one of those that is too pretty to shoot?

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Haven't shot anything with it yet. Not that I wouldn't, just too many other rifles to use.
    Last year's Deer hunt I used a Cooper 257 Weatherby. Not sure yet what I will use this year.

7. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I know what you mean. I try to rotate my favorite rifles so that they all get a chance at game every few years. I know that some of them must feel neglected and unloved sitting there in the back of the safe, sometimes for a decade, before being called in from the bull pen to take their turn.

8. Blip

Blip Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Mexico
    That is a beautiful rifle! Love the floorplate.

9. Mongo44

Mongo44 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    There really is some outstanding eye candy on this forum. Your rifle would be well suited as a Playboy centerfold! Well, almost... That checkering is stunning. Floor plate inlay, as well!

10. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Beautiful custom.

11. Branxhunter

Branxhunter Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Really nice Rocky, beautiful timber and checkering. I bet you are happy to have that one in the safe.

Marcus

12. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Thanks for the kind comments guy. I haven't hunted at all with it just because I have a few other rifles that I use. I would like to get out on an Antelope hunt sometime with it though.