• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 Sako .218 BEE Mannlicher/Fullwood FOR SALE

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Good evening all,

I am (Again) putting my Sako L46 chambered in .218 BEE, up for sale. Left-hand safety, IMG_1453.jpg IMG_1448.jpg 4 digit serial #, vintage is either late 1949 or early 1950 per docs. obtained. I say "again" because I enlisted my son's help getting the rifle on this forum approx. a year or so ago. My son is better at this sort of thing. There was considerable interest generated, however, apparently due to someone else around the same time claiming to own a nearly identical gun - (starting with the same 2 digits of the 4 digit serial # as mine), the legitimacy of my rifle was called into question. Let me CLARIFY for those that have an interest in my rifle, it IS 100% real, as am I, and my son who I finally told to just let it go and I'll get around to posting it again somehow. Here I am, and here it is - and to the few folks I carried out very positive correspondence with, and provided many specifically requested photos and all additional information to, maybe you could assist in the process to facilitate this "verification" for anyone with an interest in owning this BEE.
As discussed with members who I spoke with, this .218 BEE has been owned by me for many years - acquired through the passing of a cousin of mine where I obtained a Savage 12a. double, Marlin 30-30 Gold Trigger, a couple of very old single shot shotguns and this BEE. I (and all of my family) are hunters, and really have no practical need for the BEE, and it just keeps looking at me from the back of my gun safe. Closest thing to a "collector" gun I have is a Smith & Wesson 12GA. 3000 Pump that my father bought for me when I was 10 years old, and since it survived a few hunting trips without hardly a scratch from those early years I decided I should put her away in this condition and pick up a new-fangled synthetic stock "hunting" 12GA. to take the beating in the woods.
I am SURE I will have made some sort of goof in rekindling this listing myself, so please bear with this as I seek to get this rare .218 BEE into the hands of a real Sako collector that deserves it. I will mention that I have had this gun SOLD three times over the last year or two, to individuals I believe that saw it on this forum or mentioned they heard about it here. The sale never failed due to any deficiency with this gun or my actions as it related to the "buyer" - "buyers" have simply stalled, made excuses, and in one instance, flat out lied about having the money after having me get the gun ready for shipping and sending an invoice to where they were having the gun sent in the USA to get it forwarded out of the country.
I have never been a member of this forum, and in all honesty will not likely be on here much after the rifle gets sold, except to maybe see the posts of the new proud owner if bought by a member. I read a little about the purpose of this forum and hope my bringing the gun back on here aligns with that purpose.
Asking $4,250 as in the posts at the end of last year.

Back