• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

S20 Section ?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tracy Redpath

How about adding a S20 section. I know they not a collector type gun neither is a TRG. And the S20 is a pretty nice rifle platform.

I doubt the S20 has enough following or sales numbers to warrant it's own section. However, the TRG has had only 96 discussions in it's entire history here so adding the S20 to the TRG section might not be a bad idea.

In my personal opinion for what it's worth. They are both Sako rifles but of somewhat different perspective. The M995 TRGs is basically a heavy duty hunting-target rifle which was designed to use existing components of the military version. Actually the S20 is a copy of the more military designs being presented as market bait for the younger wanna-be crowd by Beretta. I believe that it will draw more folks who will be inclined toward custom modifications.
That being said, I believe that they are both exceptionally fine rifles for the same general purpose. I have a friend that is getting great accuracy from his in 6.5 PRC, but he shoots paper and loves it. For me, the rifle is way too heavy to even consider hunting with it, so I see the S20 in a target application only. I would rather see the S20 have it's own section for better separation by design. Sakojim.

Why not?
I feel that we as individual collectors, shooters, hunters or hoarders, should be free to enjoy what Sako has to offer. Be it vintage or modern.
The S 20 is what Sako obviously feels the modern market wants, probably the same objective they had when they produced the earlier 46’s , 579’s or 61’s.
Having a section of its own could be useful ,tho I think much of the rifles design is based on the TRG-s and TRG action.
Should we maybe not be so critical as to what deserves to be part of a collection? Or to be viewed as such?
All folks want, young and old ( for the most ) is useful information.and maybe a little fellowship and camaraderie
My 2 cent
The old hippie

Why not?
I feel that we as individual collectors, shooters, hunters or hoarders, should be free to enjoy what Sako has to offer. Be it vintage or modern.
The S 20 is what Sako obviously feels the modern market wants, probably the same objective they had when they produced the earlier 46’s , 579’s or 61’s.
Having a section of its own could be useful ,tho I think much of the rifles design is based on the TRG-s and TRG action.
Should we maybe not be so critical as to what deserves to be part of a collection? Or to be viewed as such?
All folks want, young and old ( for the most ) is useful information.and maybe a little fellowship and camaraderie
My 2 cent
The old hippie
Exactly. I have a Vixen Manlicher, An A1, A 85 Bavarian Carbine and the S20 and really like them all. They all have there followers. The S20 is here to stay even though some might dislike it. Haven't shot it yet as i just finished loading some ammo as 6.5 CM ammo must be made of Unobtainium as you cant find it

"You kids get off my lawn!" grumble, grumble, grumble . . . It's taken me twenty-five years to get adjusted to the Model 75 with its three forward lugs to the point that I don't automatically reject it as not being a "real" Sako. I ain't gentled in to the Model 85 yet. Maybe if I live to be 115 I will be able to look at one of them plastic S20 thingamajigs without a sarcastic scoff. I guess by that time the barrel and the bolt will be plastic, too . . . grumble, grumble, bah, humbug . . . and for that matter a cup of coffee should cost a dime. And if you don't get my meaning I'm going to write it all down in a strong letter, put a stamp on it, and mail it straight to you .

Sako makes several ( plastic ) carbon fiber etc. stocked guns now. Carbon wolf 85, Finlite 85, Sako quad etc. I still love walnut and blued steel but plastic stocks make sense for some rifles

Lol!
Stone, that’s the spirit!
If we live to be that old, maybe by then the trend will swing around for Retro Reissue Rifles, that look and feel like real wood and steel!
Lol!
“Get off my lawn!”
Good stuff!

Hippie

My vote goes for bunching the S20 in with the 85 or TRG. I think it's important to keep the number of different sections down. Good example of what not to do is the Tikka Shooters Forum, where discussions about every single niche topic have their own separate sections, most of which have 0-4 discussions in them.

I doubt the S20 has enough following or sales numbers to warrant it's own section. However, the TRG has had only 96 discussions in it's entire history here so adding the S20 to the TRG section might not be a bad idea.
Simply put: No!

Don't mix in the S20 with the TRG/M995. To me, that would be to put a L46 with a 85 just because they both have wood stocks... or a Fiat Lupo by a Ferrari F40 because they are both Italian cars.

Give the S20 it's own section, maybe together with the A7 since they are more similar than anything else Sako has made.

Edit: The A7 has about 40 topics to it in the 75, 85 and A7 section... If numbers matter.

Last edited:
"You kids get off my lawn!" grumble, grumble, grumble . . . It's taken me twenty-five years to get adjusted to the Model 75 with its three forward lugs to the point that I don't automatically reject it as not being a "real" Sako. I ain't gentled in to the Model 85 yet. Maybe if I live to be 115 I will be able to look at one of them plastic S20 thingamajigs without a sarcastic scoff. I guess by that time the barrel and the bolt will be plastic, too . . . grumble, grumble, bah, humbug . . . and for that matter a cup of coffee should cost a dime. And if you don't get my meaning I'm going to write it all down in a strong letter, put a stamp on it, and mail it straight to you .
Weren't you in that Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Torino? The one where he chases the kids off his lawn with a Garand?

Weren't you in that Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Torino? The one where he chases the kids off his lawn with a Garand?
Yes, but they photoshopped the Garand into the picture. I was actually holding a double-barreled 12 with rabbit ear hammers in keeping with my philosophy on proper firearms.

Latest posts

Back