• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Receiver Rough bolt cycling

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thank you my Aussie friend !!
Mailman just delivered shims 3PM today ! I will cold blue them & install them next week. Many thanks Mr. Sraaw, Pic = red stag killed in Argentina in 2010. I hope you & family are doing well with this latest round of the China Virus. Keep well & thanks again. B/T

Attachments

• trophy pics 001.JPG
    trophy pics 001.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 14
@Bucktote one thing to check would be of the follower is touching the bolt, giving you a 'false reading'.

I noticed that the early L series rifle bolts come into contact with the follower.

Personally did away with the shims and skim bedded my floorplate with epoxy. Much easier to reassemble!

Hi caberslash,
Thanks for the tip, The bolt is draging at the triger guard action screw, as when it is backed off it does not drag. I am a big fan of epoxy fixes as I was maint. contractor & specialized in epoxy reatorations.
B/T

Bucktote......

Before you change anything......would you post a close-up picture of the rear tang area, with the bolt removed?

Thanks

Hi Kevinlg, Sraaw & gunner620,
Please pardon me, I am computer challanged & cannot seem to transfer phone pics from phones to my pics. in computer. My grands would be coming this weekend but daughter inlaw ( school teacher)
came down with Covid 19 & will not visit any time soon. I installed the metal Sako shim (.02o) under the bottom tang screw metal area & removed the one gunner sent (.016) & tightened tang screw 18" lbs. Just the .002 made the differance. no bolt drag
and the wood & metal flush. No trouble with the magazine fit All is good !! Thanks to all B/T

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back