robinpeck Mannlicher For Sale

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Rocky, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    The Mannlicher 222 magnum that robinpeck has for sale looks like a nice one.

If someone from the US was to purchase it, it would have to go through the hands of a Importer, Exporter. So then would this rifle have to be importer stamped?

If so that would really devalue it.

If this is the case that's to bad. With the exchange rate of the dollar it's not a bad buy.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I agree, nice carbine and a scarcer caliber. I suspect that someone in Canada will grab it, particularly with the extra brass and dies included.

3. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I don't think the people who export from Canada to the USA stamp rifles with any marks. This is one service I am aware of: http://www.borderview.com/

4. stonecreek

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Technically, anyone who imports a firearm to the U.S. is supposed to stamp it with the importer's name and location. I'm not sure that this is strictly adhered to in the case of firearms imported on behalf of the owner.

5. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  6. stonecreek

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yep, April through August are typically very slow months for sporting rifle sales. I know that some dealers tend to build their inventories this time of year when the market is weaker in anticipation of selling in the fall when the market is more active.

I've never noticed much of a "tax refund bump" that Deergoose mentions in another thread, but there might be one. If so, this year will be likely the last. The new IRS withholding tables have been purposely skewed to make the recent tax "cut" look larger than it is, so many people who have been budgeting based on a hefty tax refund will find themselves coming up very short next year at this time.

7. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    I agree !....I haven't seen squat this year in the used gun market, and don't believe there will be any surge at all. Things are so slow. Our political climate has seasoned a bit, and there's no rush to buy up all the guns like it once was. I guess all of us accumulators are in a holding pattern now. I still enjoy collecting so much, so if it is truly a buyer's market, then I'm all for that!

DeerGoose

8. robinpeck

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    sold it