Short Actions Rimfire trigger on L461 ?

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by Foxhunter223, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hi All,
    I was looking through old posts the other day and noticed that the Sako L461 target trigger I bought and fitted a few years ago might not be the correct unit for my L461. It works fine, but the trigger weight adjustment does not alter the trigger weight. I new the previous owner had shortened the trigger length but he said it was to make it fit the trigger guard. Anyway, looking at some old posts and saw a post of a M78 with the same trigger. I then dug out the other Sako Target trigger I recently bought for a Sako A1 Varmint 222 I am putting together and it is different.

Back view
    20210316_134152[1].jpg

Bottom view. Has the trigger weight screw in place. See front view.
    20210316_134008[1].jpg

Front view, notice no trigger weight spring or the lever to attach it to. The adjustment screw is there.
    20210316_133915[1].jpg

Side view. Notice trigger over travel screw is on the side.
    20210316_133757[1].jpg

Even though the trigger works and is very good to use I am wondering if it is safe. It passes all my drop and bump tests. But I am now a bit concerned that is may have missing pieces which could render it dangerous it certain conditions ? People who have had experience with these triggers I would really appreciate your thoughts on what I should do here. I still have the original trigger it came with when I bought it in 1973.

Pete

dgeesaman likes this.