• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Rifle slings

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

OZZYBOB- I don't think they did. They may have had some military slings put together for the Mosins but I don't think they made Sako sporter slings.-Misako

I got these years ago, But can't remember where. Both have the Sako Logo.

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 45
  • 1 (3).JPG
    1 (3).JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 42
Not by Sako, but.......

I prefer the Brownell's "Latigo" sling.......on almost any hunting rifle.

I got these years ago, But can't remember where. Both have the Sako Logo.
Gregg- I've seen those before but I always suspected they were knock offs. I have never seen an ad for them on anything other than Ebay or some of the gun auction sites. I am kind of "sling poor" or I would have a "sako sling".-Misako

Misako
They probably are knock offs. I've never seen Sako ads for slings.. Maybe in Finland they sell them?

It seems as if the old Sako Collectors Association may have had some made up, but if so it was with permission to use Sako's name or logo and not a product of Sako itself.

About 2 years ago I purchased 2 slings that were packaged in Sako logo'd packaging. The slings however did not have any sako markings on it. It is the gripper style with a cresent shape for comfort. It is extremely comfortable and holds tight on all clothing types. The packaging appeared old and discolored. I highly doubt they were manufactured by Sako but Sako did have others make accessories for them. This could have been one???

The old Sako Collector's Assn. had some made up to sell at the annual meeting way back when. I attended that meeting and bought two. I have always wished I had gotten more. They have the Sako logo and are adjustable. I believe Mims Reed had them produced specially for the meeting.

What do these look like that the SCA had made up I might have acess to some some that were Jim Lutes?The ones I can get are about 1" wide and grey with SAKO and SCA on them in black and are adjustable.

What do these look like that the SCA had made up I might have acess to some some that were Jim Lutes?The ones I can get are about 1" wide and grey with SAKO and SCA on them in black and are adjustable.
That sounds like the ones that I have. Will see if I can post pictures when I get home. Do you have access to enough of these to sell, or just enough for your own use?

That's the same slings I have access to don't know how many.Also don't know what to offer for them. Any body have any idea? Maybe we can get them spread out to members.I have one only and it's on my VL 63 but would like to have another for future Sako's .

That's the same slings I have access to don't know how many.Also don't know what to offer for them. Any body have any idea? Maybe we can get them spread out to members.I have one only and it's on my VL 63 but would like to have another for future Sako's .
I don't know what the value of these would be, but I would certainly like to have several if you are able to obtain them.
Thanks

Finally ran the slings down.Don't know what they are worth but he wants 30.00 ea. shipped.I will get myself one for now.

Back