Reproduction Sako L and A series parts...

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by tilleyman, Jun 27, 2021.

1. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi Tilleyman,
    If the bits you become available I will take some action screws and an extractor for sure.
    ** are we able to get parts, lite the Forster action screws into Australia? Or do you have to have a B 709 import permit??
    Thanks for great info....Jay

2. tilleyman

tilleyman Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi Jay
    I bought three sets of the Sako action screws as part of a custom die order from Forster a few years ago.
    I didn't need a B709a to import to Australia then, not sure if there have been any changes to US export laws but as a simple screw they shouldn't be classed as firearm parts like a firing pin, bolt, barrel, receiver etc at least on the Australian side.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  3. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
  4. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    I have bought the Forster screws and found the curve across the head to be much flatter than the original Sako action screws. Also the Finnish is not as polished either, you can see turning rings in the head surface. May have been a bad batch, but that is what I have found, based on a small sample..

Foxhunter223 likes this.
  5. tilleyman

tilleyman Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    That's pretty much what I found too... can be refinished to match the gloss of your particular Sako model but if the originals are really buggered at least it gets the rifle back in action.

Forster Sako screws.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    sraaw and Foxhunter223 like this.