• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Recommending a new service

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
Hey all!

I just want to recommend a new service which helps when buying and selling stuff here on the forum.

It is called Revolut and is a form of pre paid debit card. They are approved by and hold a proper bank license from the EU government so a serious company.

I have used it for a while now and I am impressed so far. I use the free version (you have to pay a small fee for the shipping of the card to you) and there are three more tiers depending on how many transfers you need to do each month.

Just to mention a few reasons to get a card:

Transfers between two Revolut members is fast, free and instant when on weekdays.

The exchange rate is the interbank rate, i.e the same rate as the banks use when they trade. Bye Bye PayPal’s extremely bad rates!

You can send a payment link to anyone, the receiver pay with their card of choice and get the same good exchange rate but has to pay whatever fee their card issuer have.

Best is to do transfers on ordinary weekdays to avoid a very small fee on weekends, bank holidays etc.

It’s easy to top up your card from credit card or other source in the app. You can also send money straight to other peoples bank accounts if you wish.

You can set up one time digital cards when buying online. After the purchase, the card info expires.

And it’s easy to transfer money to your ordinary bank accounts which I do, just to be safe. I never keep large amounts on the card just as a precaution.

There are so many more good reasons to get a card from Revolut and I can recommend them wholeheartedly so far.

Read more at www.revolut.com and if you are interested in becoming a member, please let me know and I will send you an invitation. I will get a small kickback for each new member up to 20-25 persons and you will too if you want to get a card and invite friends etc.

We may apply to become an affiliate in a while which may help SCC with our finances which pretty much is zero after paying for hosting, web service etc.

The one thing I see that some people may think as odd is that you need to ID yourself by uploading a valid national ID. But if you go to any physical bank, they will ask for an ID too, right?

And Revolut is a proper bank, with a valid license. After Brexit, they moved from the UK to EU to make things easier for their members.

I am tired of being shafted by paypal and their crazy high fees and super bad exchange rates and.I see this as a very good alternative when trading on the forum, especially when transferring funds between countries.

Check them out and make up your own mind! If interested, let me know and I’ll send an invitation.

Have questions, PM me!

Have a great weekend!!

Jim

Hi Jim,
I was thinking of a way to increase income for the forum. I have seen questions asked about a wrench to remove the recoil lug cross bolt. I understand that normally the lug doesn't need removing but some interest has been shown on a tool to remove it. Maybe a stamped metal tool with SCC stamped on the tool could be purchased by interested members at a profit for the association. This would help pay the club for the much appreciated information available on this site?? Just a thought in appreciation for the forum.

Back