• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Recoil Lug 85

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have a question, where I can get a modified recoil lug that fits without having play on the part s

• aftermarket recoil lug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new recoil lug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
¡Buenos Dias!
Tengo una duda, donde puedo conseguir una lengüeta de retroceso modificada que encaje sin tener juego en la pieza ya que la original no tiene un encaje justo, por lo que el cañón toca la culata.
En la imagen que os voy a adjuntar podéis ver que hay mucha luz alrededor del "recoil lug" y mi duda es si viene algo aftermarket o como se podría solucionar?
1000047464-png.28597
1000047464-png.28597

Attachments

• 1000047464.PNG
    1000047464.PNG
    566 KB · Views: 34
For those of us that don't speak Spanish

Juan said
Good morning!
I have a question, where I can get a modified recoil lug that fits without any play in the piece since the original does not have a fair fit, so the barrel touches the stock.
In the image that I am going to attach you can see that there is a lot of light around the "recoil lug" and my question is if something aftermarket is coming or how it could be solved?

hello, sorry I paste wrong from the translator

here in English as it should be Good Morning!
I have a question, where can I get a modified recoil lug that fits without any play in the piece since the original does not have a fair fit, so the barrel touches the stock.
In the image that I am going to attach you can see that there is a lot of light around the "recoil lug" and my question is if something aftermarket is coming or how could it be solved?

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I am going to communicate with them, from what I see they are people who build these rifles with many improvements, I am going to send an email to see if the recoil lug part already comes with a modification to see if it does not have the game that comes with the original

Juan- Sounds very much like some "bedding compound" will be the answer. If you do this yourself, go slow. Try some removable shims, first, to see where you want to be, and then try to duplicate the process.

good evening! Yes, I'm going to bedding the stock but I'll see if I can find someone who has a milling machine and is capable of making me the same part with the recoil hole just as it should be and a paddle that fits in the cavity that has the action and l maybe if you do the bedding with epoxy

Back