Realist Scope

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sako parts' started by Cagey Bee, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Cagey Bee

Cagey Bee Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    My .243 Finnwolf has a Realist 6x fixed power scope. This glass is from what I can find period correct for an early 70's Finnwolf. Any thoughts on this scope? Keep or upgrade?

Attached Files:

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The decision to keep or upgrade is yours. If it's serviceable, works, or is to your liking are things we can't judge from a couple pictures. 6X is my favorite fixed power scope, so if it functions fine I would leave it on. Scopes don't enhance or detract from value all that much. When selling, one is much better off removing the scope anyway.

3. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Agree with Paulson,

In their time these were pretty good quality. My two cents is -243 does not have much report. So the reticle is probably not going to become displaced from recoil. If the optic is still clear and crisp, and will hold zero, I’d use it. 6x is also one of my favorites, especially in that caliber and rifle configuration.

The only consideration would be extreme weather conditions, it might not hold up to extreme wet and cold, but if that’s not your intention it should service you well.

4. Cagey Bee

Cagey Bee Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    Thanks Sean & Paulson...as expensive as parts are it's going to take the apocalypse coming to get me to take the Finnwolf out in extreme wet and cold (lol). I need to range test the Realist that came on the rifle to see if I keep them together or set the scope on the shelf in favor of a Leupold or Nikon.