Presentation AIII in .375 H&H

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by Branxhunter, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Branxhunter

Branxhunter Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    image.png This popped up on one of the used guns sites here in Aust - not mine, nor do I know the owner.

Marcus

2. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Am I reading that price correctly?

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    SN indicates it was in a group of rifles ordered by D.W. Custer for the Australian market. Looks just like the Super Deluxe model from what I can tell from the one pic. Never heard of a "Presentation" model. Seller must have got his info on number made, or possibly just the ones imported to Oz, from the Custer records because Sako has no factory records for the AIII that I am aware of. Don't know the current exchange rate but, regardless, it seems excessive to me.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The price (about $8,600 USD) is modified by the small note "Or Best Offer". I agree that it is a Super Deluxe and not a "presentation". Current value in the U.S. might run between $2500 and ~$3000 or so (depending on relative humidity, phase of the moon, etc.)

It's a shame that none of the American importers were as aggressive as D. W. Custer in ordering high-grade and special models.

Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  5. Steve Andrew

Steve Andrew Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    You never know until you go with these, I have them in DWC, from 222, 22-250, 243, 270, 308, 7x57, 300 win mag, 9.3x62, 375H&H and 416 Rem mag and the current price to get a stock from Sako, well go and see what they are worth now to option up to Super Deluxe?