Peep picture removal

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by Rogan Kinnear, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    20200702_102335.jpg Can you remove the peep aperture to provide a larger 'ghost ring'? I have heard that you can but can't see how. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Thinking it could come in handy in thick scrub chasing pigs. I believe my peep is the first of the three and ss the largest peep. Picture attached for clarification.

2. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Hello Rogan,
    Your Peep Sight is a Mk 3. I have a Mk1 Mk2 and two Mk3's. There is a discussion on SCC regarding Sako Peep Sights. My personal favorite is the Mk1.
    Blackjack

Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  3. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Cheers mate, I have tried to go through them all. None that I have found discuss dismantling them. Cheers for the reply. I'll try MK3 in my search. Thanks for the direction.

4. sakofan

sakofan Active Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Hi Rogan
    You should be able to dismantle the peep sight by first removing it from your rifle and then backing out the 3 windage and elevation screws from around the housing. When you reassemble it you will have to sight it in again adjusting the screws accordingly.
    E1DFD463-0EF0-422D-B4FE-AE076032B398.jpeg

5. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Fantastic! That is very logical! Thank you!