P94S Range ammunition & accuracy improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by piper235b, May 19, 2018.

1. piper235b

piper235b Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hi,
    I'm ammunition testing with a P94S Range .22LR in excellent condition. I've tried about 15 different types of target ammunition from various well known manufacturers, and while the results with SK have been good, I'm far from satisfied.

I'm after some help from the SCC Brains Trust -
    (a) from those who shoot a P94S Varmint or Range, what ammunition shoots accurately in your rifles?
    (b) what you've done to improve accuracy?

Thanks

Cheers
    Piper

2. dodgyrog

dodgyrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK Durham City
    RWS R50 or Lapua Centre X are the way to go.
    Eley Tenex maybe, but I prefer the R50 for my benchrest shooting

3. Teppas

Teppas Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    My father use CCI Velocitor in his for hunting. Winchester Superspeed hollow poit is wery good to. There Ts also a old ammunition that they don done any more Lapua Hollow Point with a crow on package, it shoot very very nice in his gun.

4. Aiwaz

Aiwaz Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Dublin
    Hi
    I've a P94S Varmint. Had some trigger work done and changed the spring to lighten pull. Mainly use it on a front rest and rear bag. Only use RWS R50. Shoots very close to my Anschutz 54. Imagine what a more stable stock would do.
    A