P94S question

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Tony Rousseau, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Tony Rousseau

Tony Rousseau Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    I'm looking at buying a Sako P94S varmint .22lr, it appears not to have a mag well, the bottom metal/trigger guard is polished stainless instead of blued steel, is this a single shot conversion or did Sako make some of these? Can it be converted to magazine fed? I love single shot's but need a mag fed .22lr to fit into a benchrest shooting class.

Thanks,
    Tony

SakoFinnfire.jpg

2. cl_leg

cl_leg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    I too saw that one for sale. I think it has been converted. Ask the seller, he may still have the parts.
    Chris

3. dodgyrog

dodgyrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK Durham City
    I use my P94S with a Lilja barrel for benchrest. I never use the magazine for benchrest shooting and always single load. I am in the UK and shoot to International Benchrest rules. I am surprised you have to use the mag.
    If you do return the rifle to original condition I'd be interested in the single shot parts.
    Good luck

4. Timothy Yates

Timothy Yates Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    A couple of weeks ago, I asked this seller if he still had the original parts and he never answered me. I also offered him $500 shipped, but no answer. It's been on GB for several months now and has not moved in price.

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The "seller" sounds like a guy who promised his wife he would sell some of his guns but doesn't actually want to. "See, Honey, I've got it for sale on Gunbroker!" Maybe that explains a large portion of the guns, especially Sakos, I see on Gunbroker which are priced well above market, never get a bid, and repeat week after week after week.

Furdown and Timothy Yates like this.
  6. Timothy Yates

Timothy Yates Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Yeah, couldn't have said that any better.