P94s Barrel in the UK ?

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Holdover, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Holdover

Holdover Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Scotland
    I bought a second hand Sako .22lr P94s in 2011. I had the barrel cut down to 16" a few years ago to make it easier to get in and out of a vehicle when lamping. I don't think Sako support this model anymore, is there any third party suppliers of these barrels in the UK ?

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Try Richard Pope at Swift Precision Rifles in Bromsgrove. The web site says that he has some Finnfire barrels in stock. Good Luck and welcome to SCC. Wayne

3. Holdover

Holdover Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Scotland
    Do you have a link to the site, only one I can find is a photographer.

4. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Just type in swiftprecisionriflesuk and drop down a couple of headings. Let us know if this works and what you get. Wayne

5. DWH

DWH Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK City of London
    Holdover,
    Despite what many people think, Quad barrels fit straight onto a P94S action with no issue, as the aligning slot etc is identical. I bought a Quad 17HM2 barrel for my P94S Range from Richard last week.
    If anyone is interested, he has just taken delivery of three of the Range based MoD trial rifles as per my post on here a few months ago. Two are P94S Range and one Quad, all three hardly used and supplied by GMK to the British MoD for the Cadet rifle tender in 2015/6, the contract for which was awarded to the cheaper Savage. I saw them last week and have the three Range stocks for oiling after the MoD trial!
    The three rifles can be bought as they were issued, with the multi profile target barrel or adapted to order, with a Quad barrel, and / or one of Richard’s fully suppressed carbon fibre barrels
    PM me if interested in one or for Richards details.

DWH